Empire enters administration

Tuesday, 5th May 2009 17:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

empirelogo

Empire, as expected, has gone bust.

The publisher’s properties have been sold to New World IP in the US, and its 49 staff have been laid off.

Administrator KPMG Restructuring has been appointed to wind down the company and is not seeking to sell the business.

“Despite the fact that the gaming industry has been relatively unscathed by the current recession, trading losses, development spend and a delay in recent new product approval had a fatal impact on the Empire’s cash flow,” said KPMG’s Ian Corfield.

“We are not looking to sell the business as a going concern and are effecting an orderly wind-down of Empire’s operations.”

More on GI.

1. No_PUDding

Empire….

Recognise the logo, can’t associate any output with it.

2. Patrick Garratt

FlatOut, Ghost Master, Starsky and Hutch.

3. No_PUDding

Killed two birds with one stone, as I was about to ask why they have gone bust.

4. revolting

That’s a bit harsh. FlatOut and Ghost Master were both decent entertainment.

5. Patrick Garratt

I liked FlatOut. Was a bit of a trailblazer, that. Left debris on the track and everything.

6. dirigiblebill

Ghost Master was absolutely quality, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

7. No_PUDding

I am telling everyone here otherwise. Right here. Now. BRING IT!

But if I am honest, I played Starsky and Hutch. I was a long time ago, okay? I didn’t enjoy it. I rented it.

Anyway, those games are still the reason they went bust, I wasn’t saying they were bad. Although FlatOut is bad, and so is Starksky and Hutch. And so is Ghost Master for the sake of conflict.

8. Gekidami

I found Starsky and Hutch oddly amusing especially in 2 player, i’ve played much worst.

9. Retroid

Flatout was great, Flatout: UC on 360 was absolutely chuffing brilliant! \o/

10. Patrick Garratt

Starsky and Hutch was bollocks. Edge gave it 8, or something. I still can’t believe it.

11. No_PUDding

NO YOU!

Actually that is pretty incredible. EDGE are weird. I was pissed with their review for ‘The Path’.

12. SticKboy

Ghost Master was a proper gem of a game, should’ve been a franchise.