Latest Old Republic movie discusses world creation – watch this

Saturday, 2nd May 2009 08:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

theoldrepublic10

The latest Star Wars: The Old Republic dev diary shows clearly why anyone with even a passing interest in MMOs or Star Wars should be very excited about this game.

It details the thinking behind creating the Sith and Jedi homeworlds, as well as Hutta and Ord Mantell, showing new environments and a small amount of in-game footage.

Seriously, watch it. This really could be amazing. No date on it as yet. Thanks, BigDownload.

1. Grimrita

They learnt their lesson with Galaxies. Almost everyone wanted to be Jedi once they introduced it to the game. However, pre-cu, there were some decent crafters and having almost 250k worth of players then wasnt something to be sniffed at.

I’m still not certain about this MMO cartoon because the PR spin is typically OTT and the game probably wont deliver on anything.

2. SilentLoner

what you mean about galaxies?

3. Gekidami

This isnt made by the same guys that did Galaxies.
    Personally i think this looks pretty crappy…

4. anasui

looks excellent. I’d work on character animations anyways, other than that, looking stellar and one of the few games I’m actually excited for

5. Grimrita

I mean LucasArts learnt from Galaxies. Everyone wanted to be a jedi in Galaxies, once they unlocked the profession.

One of the best things in Galaxies was the Bounty Hunting system (until they messed it up). If they introduce something like that here, this could be alot of fun but so far, I am not impressed with this one.

Using terms like ‘your story’,etc is just PR spin for ‘grinding’, which would be a shame. I remain hopeful but so far, not on my want list.