Rumour: Gunstar Heroes XBLA gets leaked shots

Friday, 1st May 2009 12:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gunstarheroes

The chap who like leaking stuff from PartnerNet’s at it again. This time he’s popped up some screens from the XBLA version of Gunstar Heroes.

It hasn’t been announced yet, and there’s no date. Doesn’t look as though you’re going to be waiting too long for it, though, does it?

Thanks, Blerk.

1. Lutz

I call fake. They look exactly the same as megadrive shots.

Oh.

2. Patrick Garratt

:P

3. Blerk

I expect my level of shitness to be identical on this version too. :cry:

4. Hunam

Just took a look at his blog, and where he’s poking his nose could land him in a lot of trouble. I hope he has good lawyers.

5. Gekidami

He didnt even need to put up screenshots; just confirm that it was a port of the old version and Gens could have done the rest.

6. Retroid

:D

The Sega Vintage line have been quite good on XBLA, they’re how ‘emulated’ resold versions should be done. I approve.

I also posted about this months ago on EG ;)

7. Lutz

Seems a bit… odd, these Vintage releases.
    I mean, with something like GENS, that’s been around for ages, how hard can it be to make these games?

Seriously, if you can swap roms around on GENS in 3, maybe 4 seconds… add in the achievements and stuff etc, etc. Call it a week.

Which begs the question, if they’re so damned cheap to make, why not release a much greater variety, like they have done with VC for Wii? It doesn’t matter too much if the sales are low, becuase the costs are low. No marketting needed, just drop a few bits and pieces to the press and the internet will do that for you, plus browsing sales on top…

8. Retroid

Probably just trying to maximise sales for each one, plus having to rely on MS’ daft XBLA schedules and acceptance processes.

9. Zarckan

If it’s legit, I know of one person who’s going to blow is wad on it! :)

10. deftangel

You’ll be surprised, stuff on Partnernet can be up there for a good time before it’s released, especially if there are one or two cert bugs that need ironing out.

I’m still waiting for Arkanoid!

11. Michael O'Connor

It’s a pity it basically just the original emulated.

But still, it’s Gunstar Heroes. I lost my youth to that game, and I’m willing to do it again!

*corporate slut*