Atomic Games president Peter Tamte said today that his firm was surprised by Konami removing itself from Six Days in Fallujah.
“We were informed on Thursday night that Konami had decided to pull out of Six Days in Fallujah,” he said in an official statement. “This caught us by surprise. Development of the game had been progressing very well and on schedule.
“We would very much like the opportunity to complete the game.”
We contacted Atomic and asked what the future held for the game, and whether or not other publishers had showed any interest in acquiring the controversial title. We were quickly met with a staunch, “No comment”.
When asked when more information will be made available, we were told that no specific time-frame was in place.
The title was scheduled for release in 2010 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.