Fri, Apr 24, 2009 | 17:19 BST
Hideo Kojima named ‘Person of the Year’ at Famitsu Awards
Hideo Kojima was given “Person of the Year” honors at the Famitsu Awards in Japan today.
Solid Snake was given “Character of the Year,” and Metal Gear Solid 4 won the “High Quality” prize.
Other winners included Capcom for “Company of the Year,” as well as “Game of the Year” and “Best Seller” awards for Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G.
The annual Famitsu Awards recognize the year’s top performers.
Full list follows the break.
- Person of the Year: Hideo Kojima
- Character of the Year: Solid Snake
- Company of the Year: Capcom
- Game of the Year: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G.
- Best Seller: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G.
- Rookie Title Prize: The Last Remnant
- Innovation Prize: Wii Music
- High Quality Prize: Metal Gear Solid 4
- Racing Prize: Mario Kart Wii
- Multiplayer Prize: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- All Generation Prize: Pokemon Platinum
- Communication Prize: Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Adventure Puzzle Prize: Professor Layton and the Final Journey Through Time
- Masterpiece Prize: Dragon Quest V
- Character Action Prize: Dissidia Final Fantasy
- Role Playing Prize: Tales of Vesperia
- Dramatic Prize: 428
- PlayStation 2 Prize: Persona 4
- Worldwide Prize: Grand Theft Auto IV