Arkam Asylum: Eidos confirms Joker as PS3 exclusive playable character

Thursday, 23rd April 2009 22:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

thejoker2Eidos and Warner Bros. has confirmed that the Joker will be a playable character in Batman: Arkham Asylum exclusively on PS3.

The Joker will be available at launch as a free downloadable item on PSN, but will only be playable in the Challenge Maps.

Looks like the PlayStation Home ad just went up a bit earlier than the press release is all.

Read on through the break.

April 23, 2009 – Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. announced today that the Joker will be a playable character in the upcoming title Batman: Arkham Asylum — but only on the PlayStation 3. Joker will be available at the game’s launch as a free downloadable item on the PlayStation Store. The press release notes that he will only be available for use in the Challenge Maps, so don’t expect a massive single-player campaign associated with the legendary villain.

Arkham Asylum is already showing quite a bit of promise, sporting an intensely dark look and action-oriented gameplay. The Batman title is scheduled for a launch this coming June.

1. Zarckan

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…

I am hard for this game!!!

2. Bleak Harvest

Well, PS3 version purchase confirmed.

3. absolutezero

I think I might get the C.E. PC version just so I can run about with the Batarang tell people im the Goddamn Batman.

4. Bleak Harvest

AZ: Just saying “I am the Bat” will suffice. They’ll know… they’ll know.

5. Prof Power Glove

But can you play as Alfred? That’s what the REAL fans want to know.

6. hitnrun

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the Joker will be playable on PC and 360, and the explanation and unlocking mechanism will both involve money.

7. Gamoc

I’d take that limb back, if I were you.

8. Jacee

love the dark look of it hoping it turns out to be the best Batman game ever

9. freedoms_stain

It doesn’t really have to do much to be the best Batman game ever, not being complete shite gives any Batman game a decent shot at the top spot.

10. videog

Zarckan is too funny! I want to play the game too but not you can’t tell by looking at me.
    Unlimited PS3 Game Downloads