McCartney shows first Beatles: Rock Band footage at Coachella

Sunday, 19th April 2009 07:24 GMT By Patrick Garratt

beatlesa

The first, very shonky footage of Beatles: The Rock Band hit YouTube last night, courtesy of a live showing of video from the game at a Coachella Paul McCartney gig.

This could be the game that finally tips us over the Rock Band edge. Why would you not want to play this? The press scrum for the special edition’s going to be hilarious.

Look and see. It’s out in September.

1. Mad-elph

Looks good, 4.5 stars from me.

2. Patrick Garratt

It’s going to be massive. It’s a bit of a no-brainer, really.

3. VisitTheVillage

“Why would you not want to play this?”

It’s a BEATLES. ROCK BAND. SPIN-OFF. PRODUCT.

4. Gekidami

I dont get all this Rock Band and SingStar stuff, why cant this just be DLC? Why is it a stand-alone?

5. deanimate

looks shit.
    just like all the other music games.

6. anasui

I actually fail as well to see what all the fuss is about. I mean, do a bloody Queen thing and I might be interested, if its less than 12£

7. Neolucifer

I love rock band , and own both it and GH4 , but i dont think i’ll get that one .

I just dont care enough about the beatles . Oddly i like a lots of group that copied , got inspiration from their works , and wouldnt even exists without them , but cant seem to enjoy them , beyond a few songs .

But of course we all know it will be a hit , the beatles seems to be THE group for the entire planet . It could be crap it wouldnt matter , it’s a beatles game , it will sells alot … especially on Wii

8. Johnny Cullen

TBH, I sold all my music games a while back, bar GH:WT on the PS3 (but that was a gift). And I dont intend to get Rock Band again or GH for PS3 or 360 (unless they release Radiohead DLC which I argue for every week)

That said, I am certainly gonna get this, no question.