Hollenshead: Doom 4 is “not a sequel” or a reboot

Tuesday, 14th April 2009 14:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

doomlogo

id boss Todd Hollenshead has told GameSpot that Doom 4 is “not a sequel to Doom 3, but it’s not a reboot either”.

“Doom 3 was sort of a reboot,” he added.

“It’s a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I’ll just have to leave it at that.”

Don’t fret, though. It’s still Doom.

“It’s very much deep in development. But everything I’ve seen on it is classic Doom, so I don’t really have worries that people aren’t going to like it and start talking about it,” he said.

So, it’s not a sequel and it’s not a reboot, but it’s “classic Doom”. It’s Doom, then.

Thanks, Eurogamer

1. Blerk

It’s a prequel, then? :-D

2. Syrok

It’s an addition.

3. Hunam

I remember one of the biggest mistakes of my teenage life was spending the night around my girlfriends on our 1 month anniversary (rocking the casbah)and on the morning I got a text saying my DooM 3 had arrived. I left the girl in bed, raced home, donned my DooM t-shirt and proceed to pile hours into DooM 3. It wasn’t a bad game, in fact I rather like it now, but it was so hyped that all it could do is disappoint.

The moral of the story is, don’t turn away a day of sex for DooM, specially as she withheld it for another month because of said antics.

4. Whizzo

Hopefully the UAC have developed weapons with built in lights this time around.

5. Morrius

Doom 3 was amazing if you did some drugs and put Aphex Twin ‘selected ambient works’ on while you played it. In the dark, with headphones. With housemates who occasionally snuck up behind you and whacked you really hard in the back of the head.

6. anasui

sequel, reboot, who the hell cares about Doom’s story. Just don’t make a shit like D3 thanks and thanks again