Euro Virtual Console update adds Majora’s Mask!

Thursday, 2nd April 2009 22:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

majorasmask

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask will be arriving on the Virtual Console sometime tomorrow: look.

Wii Classic Controller or the GameCube Controller is required to be able to play.

Thanks, GoNintendo.

1. Patrick Garratt

Holy fucking shit!

Please don’t let the glasses be rose-tinted.

2. Hero of Canton

It’s up in an hour and a half. I’ve never played it. Can’t wait.

3. ecu

This coincides with their Europe-wide points price increase, doesn’t it?

4. Patrick Garratt

Best Zelda ever. The only one I properly loved. It’s beautiful. Unique.

5. Hero of Canton

Yeah, it’s a funny one in the sense that it doesn’t seem to have as many fans as OOT, but those who do love Majora’s Mask REALLY love it.

6. ecu

I agree, it’s definitely the best Zelda, after Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Link’s Awakening and Wind Waker.

7. Hero of Canton

It’s up, btw.

8. The Benny

Oooh, I never played this the first time around.

9. Retroid

/Has the N64 cart in pristine box

/Never really ‘got’ the time mechanic

10. ecu

I thought it was an enjoyable game, but I never understood how anybody could find it anywhere near as good as Ocarina. Perhaps because it wasn’t, but there are some people who swear by it, it’s rather odd. I’ve finished the game a couple of times, it’s just above middle of the pack as far as Zelda games go.

11. Michael O'Connor

“thought it was an enjoyable game, but I never understood how anybody could find it anywhere near as good as Ocarina.”

I don’t think anyone thought it was personally better that Ocarina, but it was quite the black sheep of the Zelda family.

In a series that has almost universally had the same formula since its inception, Majora’s Mask was extremely distinctive, and surprisingly twisted for a Zelda universe as well.

Personally, I’ve been waiting for this to appear on the Virtual Console since the day the Wii launched! Selling my N64 was easily one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done. =(

12. Shatner

See what I was getting at yesterday HoC? :D

13. Blerk

One day I really must get around to playing the N64 Zeldas. I’ve tried to start Ocarina about four times now and always get bored before I even make it to the first dungeon. :-|

14. Ratso

Can anyone confirm if this features the same stuttering sound emulation bug as the Gamecube Collector’s Edition version?

15. Tonka

I never managed to save the cows. I have to buy this so I can save the poor cows.

16. Len

@ Blerk: You really must play OOT a bit more if you possibly can.

If your still not happy after slogging up Death Mountain and having a chat to the Gorons (2nd dungeon) then maybe it’s not for you.

Wonderful game and I’m looking fwd to a replay of MM.

17. Blerk

I’ve got the Gamecube port which came with Wind Waker, but I just can’t get into it for some reason. I’ll have another go at some point.