360 Firmware update out now! (It doesn’t do anything)

Thursday, 2nd April 2009 10:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xbox360logo3

Microsoft, probably seething with rage at being left out of the console software update party this morning, has released a Firmware update for Xbox 360.

Don’t shit yourself just yet. It doesn’t do anything you’ll notice.

“This update addresses interruption issues that some Xbox Live users may have experienced when playing a limited number of Xbox 360 games,” said Nelson.

“There are no other changes or enhancements in this update. In other words no new features.”

Rubbish. Add text chat for 16 people Microsoft, eh? There’s a war going on, you know.

1. Syrok

This update comes three years too late!

2. Blerk

And people were complaining that the PS3 update was rubbish!

3. G1GAHURTZ

I want an update to eliminate all lag in all online games, ever.

4. Patrick Garratt

I want a patch that lets my male Avatar wear stockings. I’m being repressed.

5. Psychotext

Interruption issues?

6. G1GAHURTZ

I want an update that makes all the avatars on my friends list play kabaddi when I turn my 360 off, so that they can keep themselves in shape.

7. JonFE

After the “sensitivity” (yeah, right) MS has demonstrated on GamerTags implying homosexuality, do you actually expect cross-gender dressing on avatars, Pat? Think of the children!

:-D

8. JPickford

This won’t affect me as I play an unlimited number of games.

9. onyxbox

nah… this update just disables the Red LED’s around the power button.

“Sir, this 3yr warranty is getting out of hand”
    “No problem, we’ll realeas a patch”

“RROD… sorted… just put an error code on screen or something…like E74″

:-)

10. Robster1979

11. Michael O'Connor

“Is this going to solve the constant issues with COD4/5 online and prevent me being disconnected and signed out every 5 minutes, thus rendereing the game actually playable?”

12. Prof Power Glove

Well, I hope this fixes the “freezing” issues that seemed to have plagued the new XBL dash. Plenty of people I know have complained that it can sometimes take AGES to simply get your friends list up etc etc-rum.

Clearing the cache only seems to be a temp solution – so let’s hope this fixes it. But where is the iplayer support microsoft? Or what about expanded HD codec support too? Gah.

13. jrock23

Micheal Oconner:
    “Sounds to me like that might be a problem from your end, not with the 360. Otherwise it would be a lot more public.”

Sounds to me you dont play COD4 or 5 and dont have any clue what hes talking about. You should check around cause it seems EVERYONE has the same issue. DUMB @$$

14. G1GAHURTZ

jrock23, are you in Australia by any chance?

I play COD4 almost daily, and haven’t noticed this to be an issue at all.

15. Robster1979

Google “sign status changed”, seems to be quite common and only happens on the recent COD series. I can play other games for hours on end witout issue. I’ve even been to great lengths with my broadband supplier and XBOX helpdesk but to no avail.
    Seem’s its just “one of those things”

16. Robster1979

Might want to add “call of duty” in there too :-)

17. G1GAHURTZ

hmm… Never seen that before.

I’ve not had any problems myself, although I’ve only played WaW online a handful of times (Can’t handle ‘ye olde’ weapons).

Glad it seems to be exclusive to WaW though!

18. Robster1979

Fingers crossed this new update may get to the bottom of it.

19. Veritas

After installing the update, my system would freeze after 4 minutes of activity. after next power up I had three red lights and now have to send the system in for repair.

20. G1GAHURTZ

Kilroy!?

21. jrock23

No im not from AUSTRALIA. Why would you even wonder that. I live in Michigan. I know everyone that i have played with has the same problem!