Dead Space received two awards during the 7th Annual Game Audio Network Guild Awards during GDC last week.
Audio of The Year and Sound Design of The Year were accepted by EA Redwood Studios for it’s space-horror shooter, while composer Wataru Hokoyama took home two as well – one for Rookie of the Year and another for Music of the Year for his work on PS3 game Afrika.
GANG is a non-profit focused on advancement and recognition is game audio.
The full list of winner after the break.
- Audio Of The Year: Dead Space
- Music Of The Year: Afrika
- Sound Design Of The Year: Dead Space
- Best Cinematic/Cut-Scene Audio (Tie): World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King and Gears Of War 2
- Best Use Of Multi-Channel Surround In A Game: Left 4 Dead
- Best Original Vocal Song – Choral: “Main Title” – World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King
- Best Original Vocal Song – Pop: “Still Alive” – Mirror’s Edge
- Best Original Instrumental (Tie): “The Garden” – LittleBigPlanet and”Main Theme” – Afrika
- Best Original Soundtrack Album: Video Games Live: Volume One
- Best Dialogue: Grand Theft Auto IV
- Best Use Of Licensed Music: Rock Band 2
- Best Handheld Audio: God Of War: Chains Of Olympus
- Best Interactive Score: LittleBigPlanet
- Best Game Audio Article, Publication Or Broadcast: “The Complete Guide To Game Audio” 2nd Edition – Aaron Marks
- Best Audio – Other: Watchman Motion Comic
- Rookie Of The Year: Wataru Hokoyama (Afrika, Resident Evil 5)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bob Rice
- G.A.N.G. Distinguished Service Awards: Richard Jacques
- Tom Salta: Stephen Years
- G.A.N.G. Recognition Awards: Jim Charne and John Broomhall
- Student/Apprentice Competition Winners: Music – Tom Graczkowski; Sound Design – Benoit Babin
Winners were chosen by the Game Audio Network Guild community by over 800 members in over 30 countries.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.