New Diablo III screens show UI

Monday, 30th March 2009 22:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

diablo3a12

Hells yeah. Shack’s posted up some new Diablo III shots, and this time there’s a user interface on them.

There’s slots for armour and shit. Helmets. Weapons. If this isn’t the best game in the world we’re wrong about life.

1. Michael O'Connor

The design for those talent trees is ripped straight out of WoW.

Then again, its their own game, so I guess they’re allowed to rip it off if they want to. *laughs*

2. crippledhooba

I was gonna say exactly the same thing. However I’m not gonna complain, its still gonna be awesome.

3. Patrick Garratt

I’m very excited about this. I’m not lying.

4. SticKboy

Cum in face! CUM IN MY FACE!!

EDIT: Okay, that said… it *is* starting to look all the more WoW-ish. Not that I really care – after three hours playing Diablo, you start to see the matrix anyway and it just becomes a game of stats. Beautiful, glorious, horrifically addictive stats…

…with fire claws.

5. revolting

That’s hardly surprising, given that WoW’s whole talent tree design/structure was ripped straight out of the old Diablo games to start with… http://newd2event.net/img/char_guides/Cold_Sorc_1.jpg Diablo informed WoW which has in turn informed Diablo. Refined asskickery beats down progress any day of the week.

6. Psychotext

Big fan of D2… so hopefully this will be good. The last game of this style which I played really wasn’t (NWN2).

7. SticKboy

Just realised they’ve, like, TOTALLY fixed the backpack! No more rearranging items to make best use of the (tiny amount of) space available! WOO – go tabs!

Hopefully this means less frequent mid-dungeon trips back to town for loot drops.

8. hitnrun

Oh, wow.

…zing!

9. Patrick Garratt

I want it to be like WoW. The WoW inventory system’s brilliant.

10. Mike

Will this have machine guns with chainsaws attached to them?

11. Blerk

That’s it. I’m going to pick up a copy of Diablo 2, once and for all.

12. Michael O'Connor

“Will this have machine guns with chainsaws attached to them?”

Probably not. But it might have bears. With lasers.

We can only hope.

13. Lee

Interesting placement of the leggings icon on the Character Screen (looks like a penis cover more than anything). That aside, “jizz in my pants” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4).