GDC: Next Fable II DLC to launch within “weeks”

Thursday, 26th March 2009 20:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fable2a7

Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux told Kotaku at GDC today that the next Fable II DLC, See the Future, is to release within weeks.

“The next DLC comes out in the spring,” he said. “We’re in the spring now so don’t think months, think more like weeks. It’s called See the Future.”

He added: “The first [DLC] was done very close to Fable II and the team was tired and we sort of pushed ourselves to get something out early for the fans.

“This time we’ve taken a little bit more time on it, it’s a little bit more story driven. It answers some of the questions, if you’re a real fan of Fable, it answers some of those questions. It’s going to test you a little bit emotionally as well.

“But I think the real unique thing here is it starts to tease and hint at what it starting to happen in the world of Albion and what is happening in the future.”

We’re speaking to Peter this afternoon, so we’ll see if we can get some more then.

1. Hero of Canton

But it’s evening, Pat! (I know what you mean, but remember your UK audience, fella.) :)

2. Mike

Can I say FUCK!!!!11111 ?

3. Hero of Canton

You can say FUCK YEAH!

(Seriously: awesome news. Didn’t expect this so soon.)

4. Patrick Garratt

We are seeing him this afternoon. At 4pm-ish, if I recall. That’s 3am UK time. If I say that someone may die.

I’m so broken. I’m going to spend Sunday lying face down in the sea.

5. crippledhooba

Wow…that means i’ll be sound asleep then.

6. Psychotext

Well… so much for trying to get a Six Gun reference in every article. You managed it once!

7. Michael O'Connor

I didn’t bother with the Knothole Island DLC.

This? This sounds like it might be much more worth it.

8. Retroid

\o/

Yay! For its flaws I liked Knothole Island (helped that Mrs Retroid played through it twice, good then evil) and this sounds much more substantial.

HURRAH

9. evilashchris

I just did a sex wee in Lutz’s pants!

10. Johnny Cullen

Is Steph still going home while Molyneux is giving his seminar?

Whats the story, Pat?

11. Stephany Nunneley

No, I will be there Johnny :)

12. Blerk

If this is a bit more meaty than Knothole then count me in – I’d be happy to return to Albion for a bit.

I wonder how much money I’ve earned from my empire while I’ve not been playing? :-D