GDC: PS Home to gain three new spaces each month

Wednesday, 25th March 2009 20:51 GMT By Nathan Grayson

homea

Earlier today, Sony’s director of PlayStation Home in the US, Jack Buser, announced that Home’s beautiful, wide-open frontier will soon be paved over with tens, hundreds — maybe even thousands — of themed spaces.

“You’ll see about three new spaces launched a month – I’ll be shocked if we ever go under that number, we have so much in the pipeline,” Buser said during a talk at GDC.

Among other things, he also encouraged developers to implement microtransactions in Home with the following rationale:

“What else can you buy for 49 cents? You can’t even get a cup of coffee. It’s great value for the gamers.”

Yeah.

Tons more through the link.

1. wz

That picture iconifies everything I hate about “social gaming”.

2. Gekidami

I hate zebra cowboy hats and long-chairs to…

3. Gekidami

What a stupid thing to say, you cant just spend that much because the lowest amount you can put on a PSN account is about 5$.

4. Psychotext

I could buy a chocolate bar!

5. No_PUDding

Still, if there’s cool minigames in these spaces I am up for it.

Does this include the UK home cus if so, I haven’t checked it out in ages.

6. Roybott

“maybe even thousands”

(1000 / 12 Months) / 3 per month == 27.7 years…

hehehe

7. Gekidami

SCEE and SCEA are pretty much like 2 different companies, Buser is head of the US Home so none of this actually confirms anything for the PAL Home.

8. Syrok

For the PAL area that probably means one new area every two or three month.

9. Hunam

Jack Buser is about to have the longest day of his life.

10. theevilaires

interesting i think they should try to stream their e3 announcements live in home this year.

11. Gekidami

They already did something for E3 last year, though only the beta testers could see it…

12. Roybott

@Hunam First time I started reading this article I had to read his surname twice… :)

13. theevilaires

yea i got an invite to the home beta after e3 Gek so im looking forward to seeing it implemented this year on a grand scale.

14. No_PUDding

If I partake in a realitime E3 do, it will be on an IRC channel.

Oh heck, I might have Home loaded up downstairs, but only to lol.