Capcom: Resident Evil 6 “could take up to 8 years”

Tuesday, 24th March 2009 21:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

residentevil5a142

Resident Evil 5’s producer Masachika Kawata has told The Gadget Show that anyone holding out for a sixth game in the horror series had better have some serious patience.

“We haven’t decided whether we’re going to make Resident Evil 6 yet,” he said.

“But if we do, it could take anywhere up to eight years, but hopefully only four.”

Um. Right. Considering eight years is a significant percentage of most people’s lifetime, we can do nothing but salute you, Capcom.

Thanks, D-Pad.

1. ecu

Let’s hope they update the gameplay by then. :)

2. Trivi4l

The gameplay is fine in RE5. The controls add to the intensity moron (ecu)

3. DaMan

up to 8 years?

will it have the same 2005 animations as well?

4. crippledhooba

I have no problem with the gameplay, it just doesn’t have that sense of fear which made the last game and the others before it so brilliant.

5. SilentLoner

The controls actually feel just right once your playing it for a bit. Best game I have played in sometime!

6. Soong

I would like RE 6 to be survival horror again, and not this online action game travesty that RE5 turned out to be.

7. No_PUDding

Would love to be dreative director for this series.

I really don’t like Capcom’s output, as I don’t like any of their games.

BUT, I love their ethics and they as a developer are great. I just wish I loved their games, becuase they are obviously quality.

Seriously, not many non-hardware manufacturing companies would even bother reinventing a series in the way it happened with RE4.

And they are going to do it again, which is superb!

8. SplatteredHouse

Yes, Gadget Show. You were talking about something else, again? Sorry, I got distracted! Though I did find a decent drinking flask, at least. :)

9. Prof Power Glove

And it will be PSP only. :p

Less action, more suspense next time please.

10. Tonka

It’s already been confirmed as a Wii exclusive by the Famitsublog. Will make for a great swansong.

11. Blerk

Four years is crazy talk. What exactly are they planning on doing? :-D

12. Gekidami

Sounds about right, nothing says their working on it straight away, they might push out another game in between, and according to Capcom its going tobe a full reboot so i’m guessing they’re taking it back to the drawing boards.