An anonymous source has told Joystiq that the pretty-much-certain Army of Two sequel will be called Army of Two: The 40th Day.
We should know more when EA Montreal makes its big announcement on March 12.
There’s been some very specific detail published over there. Get it after the link.
- The game takes place in Shanghai, where a network of PMCs are looking to take over, under the rule of a leader with a hidden purpose.
- Rios and Salem are back, however they’ve been reluctantly dragged into the conflict and don’t have the full story.
- The game will feature moral decisions, a deeper weapons customization system and multiple endings.
- Multiplayer will be outsourced again
- On the technical side: The 40th Day adds Beast lighting and Fracture, as well as an improved networking system Environmental interaction: some weapons will be capable of tearing through thin walls and obstacles in the game; and new AI scripts will improve your partner’s realism.
- EA will be tossing civilians into the mix, which you can use as meat human shields
- Joystiq’s tipster also gave details of the game’s first levels: the first map is the introduction; the second is the invasion, with Rios and Salem escaping from a crumbling building; the third takes place in a zoo; the fourth is in a hospital.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.