Konami has unveiled the official release date and more details on SCENE Expansion for Metal Gear Online.
The expansion will be made available for $9.99 or as a bundle with the second expansion, MEME, for $14.99.
All three expansion packs – GENE, MEME and SCENE will cost $17.99 on March 17 via Metal Gear Online and Konami shops.
Starting March 10, those who pre-order the SCENE Expansion will receive “cardboard man” head gear for free — just in case you forgot.
Loads of expansion details are posted after the jump.
2 new special characters
- Raiden – A cyborg warrior endowed with superior physical abilities. He is agile, runs fast and uses a high frequency blade. This character is suitable for close-range hand-to-hand combat
- Raiden’s Special Weapons: High Frequency Blade, Throwing Knives (Raiden and Vamp can perform headshots by throwing knives)
- Raiden’s Special items: VISOR (item can be used opened and closed)
- Raiden’s Special Actions: He moves very quickly and can jump to high places where ordinary soldiers would need a co-op boost to reach high grounds; he can also fall from high places and land without taking any damage; when his High Frequency Blade is drawn, Raiden can deflect frontal attacks; the High Frequency Blade can be switched to a non-lethal mode – by using therear of the blade; all stage traps will be displayed on Raiden’s VISOR display when the VISOR is closed
- Vamp – Immortal and a master of Knives. He’s agile, runs incredibly fast and is great at close-range and-to-hand combat.
- Vamp’s Special Weapons:Combat Knife,Throwing Knife
- Vamp’s Special Actions: He’s able to move quickly and jump to hard to reach places; can also fall from high places without taking damage; whenever Vamp is defeated during the game, he is resurrected at the same location.
New Rule – A new game type that will be available to everyone as a global update to Metal Gear Online with or without the expansion pack.
- Solo Capture (SCAP): Free-For-All Match with no team divisions,
- The player who is able to keep possession of the target object (Kerotan frog) and lets the timer reach zero will be the winner.
- Only one Kerotan per match will be available.
- The Kerotan will also reset to its original location if a player does not touch the object for an extended period of time.
- Defeating players who do not possess the Kerotan will not grant characterspoints, but will reduce the time of the defeated player.
Special New Gear – Players can customize their avatar with playful new gear. Some of this new gear includes:
- Bikini Outfit
- Haven Trooper Uniform Set
- Resistance Uniform Set
- Clown Face Paint
- Hockey Mask
- Mohawk Wig
- Short Cut Wig
- Robbie (Silent Hill character)
MGO Codec Pack 2
- 33 different voices and phrases of unique characters are included
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.