Western Ninja Blade demo – first 11 minutes in video

Tuesday, 3rd March 2009 12:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ninjablade5

The western Ninja Blade demo’s to be released on March 9, but Microsoft let us have it yesterday, being the benevolent soul that it is. Find a grab of the first 11 minutes after the break, including half of a whopping boss battle. Be warned: we’re quite bad at it.

The From Software actioner bears more than a passing resemblance to Ninja Gaiden, but doesn’t appear to suffer from the same camera horrors, which is nice. And it looks amazing, to be fair.

There’s lots of QTE in there, though, as you’ll know if you had a waz on the Japanese demo at the end of last year.

Take a look. It’s out in Europe on April 3.

1. DaMan

Uh…

I think I’ll stick to DMC.

2. Patrick Garratt

Just did it as a test, really, to see what the grab looked like. Should be able to get video from most stuff pre-launch now.

3. Michael O'Connor

Maybe I’m easily impressed, but that video has pretty much secured this as a day one purchase for me.

4. Patrick Garratt

It’s pretty good, I reckon. I hated Ninja Gaiden, but I’m going to go back later and finish that demo, I think.

5. Johnny Cullen

Tried the Japanese demo for a while, it was okay.

Not expecting much from the game though.

6. Trivi4l

The demo was like 5 minutes long how did take you that long?

7. SplatteredHouse

That’s awful. I could get the same experience by alternately running Boom Boom Rocket, and Ninja Gaiden. Except, I’d probably have more fun, doing that. The voice acting’s amateurish. It’s particularly grating to see that not only does the game feature QTE’s, but it’s (no offense intended, here) QTEs for Dummies. If you don’t hit the sole button press correct, then time mysteriously rewinds, until you do. That’s just uninspired design, it pulls the player from the action, and flow, (in a game that ought to thrive on cinematic, smooth, and intense action) and is just in any regard, BAD.
    I just had to stop watching it half way through.