VG247 gives you chance to own Mega Drive Ultimate Collection blue vinyl EP

Monday, 2nd March 2009 13:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bluerecord

VG247 and Sega have teamed up to give you a once in a lifetime opportunity to win a super-exclusive limited edition blue vinyl EP and fuck-busting Sega games music.

When we say “teamed up,” we mean Sega sent us one automatically. Just for the sake of clarity.

The record’s been made to celebrate the launch of Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for PS3 and 360. The disc you’re playing for, user, is number 3,232. Get some pictures of it after the break.

How to win it? Simple. Tell us why you deserve to be part of Sega history in the comments below. Best one wins the record and a retail copy of the game on the format of your choice.

We’ll tell you who’s got it next Monday.

1. Retroid

Because I told UKResistance about another blue LP Sega did and they called me RuPaul as thanks.

^__________^

2. Syrok

I own a record player. :)

3. Patrick Garratt

Added some shots :)

4. Blerk

I deserve to win it because I really don’t like Sega very much. They’ve done about five good games in their entire lifetime. And the Dreamcast was shit.

So it’d be, like, the ultimate irony if I won. Right? :-D

5. Patrick Garratt

haha :D

6. Tf53

I own two record players. Plus, blue vinyl is my favorite color. I refuse to buy any other type of pants.

7. Tiger Walts

I deserve it because it’d look nice in our games room which also has a stereo with a turntable in it. And I have ears with which to listen to it. And I’m alive too, which also aids the listening process.

8. wz

I started playing videogames on a Master System, when I was about 6 years old, and the Mega Drive was the christmas gift I never received ;(

*crickets*

9. Madgame

If I were to be the candidate of choice I would make love to the vinyl everyday. I would NEVER cheat on it either (honest).

Just for the ‘record’, I already own the game so you could give that away to another faithful VG247 reader!

10. locus2k1

Because I need something to comfort me when my hopes for the next sonic game being good are once again shattered.

Prove me wrong Sonic and the Black Knight… please prove me wrong.

11. ecu

Because I turn blue every time a new 3D Sonic game is announced.

12. portaprima

I want this very bad! I suppose it can get fairly valuable on eBay.. Or am I wrong? Sega… Arn’t those the guys that make Total War? ;)

13. portaprima

@Madgame

“Just for the ‘record’, I already own the game so you could give that away to another faithful VG247 reader” – I’m gonna cry! Give it to her! (him?)

14. Tonka

I deserve to win it because I just played the horrible, horrible, horrible SONIC demo on the 360.

This would be a nice way to say “Listen, we are truly sorry about our poor SONIC games. Please accept this blue vinyl EP as an apology”.

15. G1GAHURTZ

I deserve to win it, because I was once working on a new IP at a small start up company and SEGA had agreed to publish it.

Then on the exact day that we were due to go into full production, they decided to pull the plug, causing me a lot of stress while we looked for a new publisher or project to work on.

So they OWE me!

Big time!

16. Doomsayer

Cause im the last Sega Fanboi standing ;) Shame on you Nintendo, MS and Sony….

17. Heitzu

I deserve to win because I really wish I had something that I could call a true gaming collectable and would cherish it forever.

Oh and I’d really like to win something for a change…

18. Spiral

I should go down in Sega history because I killed the Dreamcast. Yes, me personally. Because the Saturn was better. Mwah ha ha.

19. Johnny Cullen

I wanna win it because I always wanted to snap a vinyl in two in front of my 36 year old die hard Sega fanboy brother so he can cry as I do it in front of him while I tell him Mario is better then Sonic (old gen, not todays Sonic) and why the Dreamcast was so incredibly shit, it made even Sega turn in disgust towards it and disown the console and the hardware business.

Oh and to tell him Jet Set Radio & Space Channel 5 are balls!

:p :D

20. Syrok

I’m young enough to say with absolute certainty that I’ve never listened to a single song of that EP, not to mention that I never even played a game that is on that collection.

/makes everyone feel old

21. ChrisPilote

Because Sega didn’t give me Shenmue 3…

22. trav

Sega owe me this just for the fact I brought Sonic The Hedgehog on Xbox 360 AND I still have it sitting in between all the the other Xbox 360. It is Gears of War and Call of Duty’s bitch as they sometimes take Sonic outside and punch him in the stomach to make sure he knows who’s the boss. Sort of like what a new Sonic game does everytime they release a new one.

*sigh*

I’m sorry, what were we talking about again?

23. DrAmir

lol

24. Hunam

No thanks, SEGA suck the cock of goats.

25. Johnny Cullen

:O

Thats blasphomy, Hun!

They have made some great games when they aren’t trying to get Sonic to cum some more.

Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza stand out, particuarly VC, one of my favourite games from last year, easily top 3.

26. Predator

I deserve it because I have been a Sega fan ever since I first played on the Master System, from owning the Master System I have had the Mega Drive, Game Gear, Mega Drive CD, 32X, Sega Saturn and then my favourite console of all time the Dreamcast, Shenmue is one of my all time favourite games as well as Sonic Adventures on Dreamcast, I had my first online experience with Sega through Chu Chu Rocket (oh the fun!) If you are going to give this to someone that has stuck by Sega through thick and thin and has supported them from a young child then hopefully you consider me.

27. Roybott

I deserve to be part of Sega history becuase while I may not be blue, I am short and… well that’s it!

28. Hunam

Yeah, but they cancelled Aliens RPG and caused some trouble and job loss over at Obsidian, this is an instant deal breaker to me.

29. scuz

i once went into the barbers and asked for a haircut like sonic

the hair dresser obliged after my mum told her “he’ll regret it in a week, teach him a lesson yeah?”

30. Madgame

@portaprima:

Wat?

I’m just saying I’m a vinyl junkie(and VG junkie) and only really care about the record. I already own the game so if I were to win I would only want the record; I would request the game be given to another…that way 2 people win instead of one.

31. Hero of Canton

I deserve it because I actually have a vinyl collection, which is something of a rarity in this day and age. And because my favourite colour is the blue of a Sega sky.

32. Rock_Me_Amadeus

Because I wasted money on the Mega CD, Night Trap and Road Avenger :-(

33. Yoshi

To win, i deserve, because yoda i can talk like ;)

TRANSLATED
    I deserve, to win, because i can talk like yoda :P

34. capitan_mosca

I deserve it because my ringtone and mobile phone wallpaper are ALWAYS sega-themed. Last one was the castle music from Alex Kidd in Miracle World, and now I’m with Green Hill Zone

oh, and I can play vinyls so it won’t be unheard

35. Shatner

Rock_Me_Amadeusdeservestowinlol

36. captaineurogamer

I have already got the game, So I dont want it. But seriously this is game of the year material.

37. DJCarlos

‘cos I’m itchin’ for some scratchin’…..blud.

38. bytemap

No offense, Sega was a tried and true classic gaming machine. I still have mines and play it on occasions, Sonic Spinball anyone?

However, to say someone deserves it more than the other…nah, just close your eyes and randomly pick I say. :D Have fun everyone ^_^

39. bytemap

OOops, I meant the Genesis when I said Sega. lol

40. Trivi4l

I deserve it because I own the 32x and the CD on 1 genesis and I actually played games on it even the dreaded Sewer Shark.

Looks like its just fucking leaching and having buttsechs with the Genesis

41. theevilaires

I deserve to win it because everyone hates me :P plus i would just send it back to you because i don’t care for vinyl. Long live Betamax, Atrac, and Magneto Optical Discs :P

42. reask

I deserve it because I just do. :)

43. reask

Group hug for tea. :)

44. theevilaires

no group hugs just let me sleep with your girlfriends and/or wives :P just kidding

45. VIP0R

I deserve it because its the credit crunch!

I can only listen to vinyl now ive sold all my gadgets to pay the bills, its the only new Release for vinyl too!

Plus I love Retro Gamer Swag! =D

46. Slitzkin

I deserve the it because I’m the only person who took the time to write a poem!

Mario is Red,
    Sonic is Blue,
    Sega are sweet;
    And so are you!

47. crackdude

My whole life is Sega. My first videogame expirience was Sonic followed by Super Hang-On when I was 2yo. I got my Mega Drive when I was 5yo. Until I was 10, I always pulled my hair back and said I looked “like Knuckles now”. When I was 7 I got a Sonic light lamp, which I still have in my room shining brightly after a decade (funny how it lasted longer than Sonic O_o). My favourite band is Crush 40. My dream is to have a Daytona USA arcade machine in my room. I still sleep with my Sonic-themed shorts. I skipped a math exam once just to play House of the Dead 2 at a friend’s house. The first word I wrote was SEGA. Second was Sonic.

But even besides all of this, I want to win this vinyl to give it as a gift to my best friend. He knows how much it means to me if I win it. Unfortunatelly, I don’t have any money to buy one off eBay or such =(

I just love to think that.. if Sega is the history of my life and owner of a piece of me, I would love to make part of Sega’s history too. If only by owning this little bit of it.

So please vg247, make me win this =)