Sun, Mar 01, 2009 | 12:35 GMT
Weekly MMO news round-up: D&D turns three, Hello Kitty, WAR gets a forum
There are many updates, announcements, and other goings on in MMO-land during the week, and it can be hard to keep up. Luckily, you have us.
Get the last seven days’ worth of significant MMO news after the break.
- Yestrerday, Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach turned three years old. To celebrate, from now until March 1 all DDO players get an extra 50 percent XP bonus and +1 tier bonus on loot quality. All this ends March 2, but for the following two weeks you’ll still get an extra 10 percent XP bonus.
- Sanrio Digital has hired ex-Turbine VP Robert Ferrari to bring Hello Kitty Online and the firm’s other games to the States. Alrighty, then. Full thinghere.
- Mythic has finally bowed down to pressure and opened an official forum for Warhammer Online. Currently only open to subscribers, forum users can earn in-game and forum rewards for adding their bit of constructive discussion and knowledge.
- Age of Conan has another update in the works with some RPG changes, a new gen system, character stats, and attribute tweaking. Seems there’s always something. Read the all about it from the game’s director himself on the community forums.
- The Chronicles of Spellborn devs are giving players a sneak peak at upcoming patch 1.0.3 changes. The update’s called Scroll Of Glaive & Coin and will include combat stat changes, increases in mob spawn rates, fixed lore and quests, and so much more there’s no room for it all on here.
- Turbine has released a dev diary for Lord of the Rings Online, highlighting Gath Uior and the Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu raid area. Neither appear in Tolkien lore, but these areas were inspired by events from the books, nonetheless. Also, more importantly, a new public test server called Bullroarer is up, allowing players to experience content before it goes live. Book 7 is live on Bullroarer at this moment, and you can check out what to expect from the new content patch here.
- MMORPG.com and NDOORS are teaming up to provide free in game items for Luminary. Only 600 are left out of the initial 1,000 so if you play, go get one: the key gives you a Ninja Set and Bag for 30-days, and a Teleport Licence for seven days.
- Gods War Online has been updated by IGG. In the new version, the title system has been modified, new master and apprentice systems and equipment decomposition and enhancement systems have been added, and event maps have been reopened. In addition, the brand-new Spies Invaded and Sign In events have also been created. Get the patch here.
- The Three Kingdoms has entered beta, and Uforia Inc. wants you to test its new free-to-play MMO. Based on one of the most well-known Asian novels of all-time, the game chronicles the last reign of the Han dynasty (206 BC-AD 220), when the Chinese empire was divided into three kingdoms. MMORPG.com has the press release posted, and you can sign up on the official site.