First day Lost and Damned revenue sets new Live record

Friday, 27th February 2009 10:28 GMT By Mike

gtadlcb

Microsoft’s announced that the money earned on The Lost and Damned in its first 24 hours of availability is greater than anything else on Live Marketplace to date.

Rockstar’s $25m GTA IV expansion pack has “eclipsed first-day revenue for all previous downloadable content on Xbox LIVE,” according to this Kotaku report.

No precise figures have been given as yet.

1. Johnny Cullen

The Lost & Damned was good, better then I thought.

Cant wait for Episode Two. :D

2. Whizzo

Rockstar deserves the success, they’ve redefined what a DLC add-on should be with TLAD.

3. OrphanageExplosion

The add-on is pricey enough that this was guaranteed to happen. The fact that MS won’t release the figures though is very telling.

4. Blerk

I don’t think it is that pricey, given what you get. The fact that it only costs 400 points more than some utterly dismal XBLA games (*cough* Death Tank *cough*) is almost embarrassing.

5. Retroid

I get the feeling Deathtank might be the new Horsey Armour ;)

L&D is excellent value and very impressive for a pure download. The fact that they’re working on another episode fills me with giddy glee ^________^

6. Rhythm

I still don’t follow the “this redefines DLC” statements. Did Shivering Isles not go pretty far towards doing that?

7. Retroid

Shivering Isles did, yes. But almost everything else since then has been map packs and the like, I think that’s the point people are making. This will have a far bigger impact than SI did, that much is certain; and don’t forget, SI was bound for PC too, this is console (360) exclusive.

8. Whizzo

Adding a shedload of excellent new MP modes is something Shivering Isles could never do for a start.

9. Rhythm

Oblivion didn’t have MP to start with though. Almost every DLC out there adds “exciting new MP modes”.

I’m not saying it’s not a good package, I’m just surprised at all the “groundbreaking” talk. Rockstar are a superb developer that do deserve credit for what they achieve but I don’t think what they’ve done with TLAD is that far detached from expansion packs of old.

10. fearmonkey

I own shivering isles and I bought the new Gta4 DLC, and i have to say what rockstar did was a bit different than what came before.
    Shivering isles, God bless Bethesda, was an awesome expansion to the main game. All new areas, new quests, and in a different style than the main game. There other expansions would add a new bulding or location and new quests, but wasnt a long major expierence.
    What the rockstar DLC did was pretty much re-do the entire single player campaign and spice up multiplayer too.
    I would love to see Bethesda do something like this in the future, essentially re-create a new main quest with mostly using the standing resources already in the game. Imagine Oblivion having a completely new main quest line, new side quests, etc.