Nintendo unveils new Wii controller

Thursday, 26th February 2009 07:44 GMT By Patrick Garratt

wiiclassicproa

Nintendo’s posted first pictures of a new Wii controller on its site.

Named the Classic Controller Pro, the new peripheral looks like a Classic with bits on it. It’s the Classic with handles and two extra shoulder buttons, basically.

It’s out this year. Do you need this? Probably not.

1. Blerk

Doesn’t that have more shoulder buttons than the original?

2. Blerk

Ah, no – they’ve just moved the little round ones into proper buttons.

Too many controllers, Nintendo. FAR too many controllers. I’ve never had so much crap for a single console in my entire life – we’ve got an entire cupboard full of the fucking things. On the flip side, I have one 360 controller which does ‘everything’. So much for ‘simplifying’ the controller experience.

3. DrDamn

Looks to use the same stupid connect to a wiimote for “wireless” use approach too. I use a classic controller for Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon and it’s crap having the wiimote rolling around pressing it’s buttons all the time.

4. Tonka

I hang my Wii remote on the wall next to me when I play using the Classic Controller. At least this one have the cable coming out at the front.

But why the fuck are they releasing this? Have they something up their sleeve? Some new games relying on old school controls rather than point n’ wave.

To the WDG!

5. Blerk

It’ll be for Resi 6, no doubt. So they can make it just as awkward on the Wii as it is on the other two.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Nintendo have lost the plot…

‘Oh, how the mighty have fallen!’

7. Tonka

I’m sorry but that is not what my “Unnamed Sources Close To The Developer” is telling me.

8. Tonka

And I was replying to Blerk.
    Not G1GA.

(I remember the days of the Edit button.)