PSN hits 20 million users, Home hits 4 million

Wednesday, 25th February 2009 07:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

psnlogoa1

We’re assuming this all comes from yesterday’s Destination PlaySation event in the US, but according to this VentureBeat report, Sony’s announced a 20 million registered figure for PSN.

In addition, Home has hit 4 million users since it launched at the end of last year.

The PSN figure compares to the 17 million claimed by Microsoft for Live, although it’s worth noting that Sony quotes a number for all accounts ever registered, whereas Microsoft’s 17 million is based on users that logged into Live in the previous month.

The PS Store offers more than 14,500 items, Sony said yesterday, including 5,900 movies and TV shows.

So far, more than 380 million pieces of digital content have been downloaded, with the value exceeding $180 million.

1. Blerk

I wonder how many of those Home users came back for another look after the first time?

2. CastellanSpandrell

There’s always quite a few people in there when I look in.

3. Rhythm

And I wonder how many of these accounts are set up to avoid the regional segmentation of content? I have 3 accounts (Euro, Jap, US) and I don’t know of any other PS3 owners that haven’t set up at least a US account in addition to their Euro one

4. Monk

^

Like Me +_+

5. No_PUDding

Blerk, there surprsingly is.

We went on the other day, (me and my sad sad friends) and teased people. I ended up with 2 people on my friends list.

I am not suggesting I would ever think of visiting it on my own, or if I wasn’t goign to clip into people dancing, but it certainly works in the way it’s supposed to.

Home needs to be event based though, as SO many people have said. Nothign will develop if it’s just left alone.

6. tatsujin

Well, I could tell you that I visit HOME once or twice every week or two weeks to check out the content and the people. HOME is pretty damn nice, I like it.