Amsterdam power supply weakened by Killzone 2

Tuesday, 24th February 2009 19:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

killzone220

Killzone 2′s development team grew so large that Amsterdam’s power supply couldn’t pour out all the extra juice, apparently.

Guerrilla’s original team of 45 employees grew to around 200 over the course of development. Sony eventually came to the rescue with gas powered generator.

More through here.

1. Psychotext

Hang on… 200 employees put a strain on the Amsterdam power grid? What sort of backward infrastructure do they have there?

2. Johnny Cullen

I heard about this a while back.

And I am gonna be honest, it never really surprised me.

In the slightest.

I am giddy like a schoolgirl at christmas now for Killzone 2, instead of waiting till Friday to get it, my friend who works in GameStop (in El Irelande, not the US :P ) says I can come in and get the game when they’re stocking it on Thursday night! =D

3. Spiral

It’s powered by fanboy rage.

4. Johnny Cullen

Spiral – XD

5. Spiral

Don’t scoff. If they can get it nailed they’ll never want for power again. Amsterdam will become a superpower overnight.

6. Welkers

lol @ article, very untrue. I’m Dutch and saw the interview on television yesterday. It’s just that they had to put an extra generator in the garden to support the huge load of power they needed.

Guerillia is based in the old town centre, which is not build to support large businesses, like the Amsterdam Business area’s are. So to prevent any power failure, they had to put an extra generator in the garden.

7. Captain Fruitloop

Spoilsport alert – if you read the article, it’s just the one block the Guerilla offices are in that would have been affected.

When I was in the Guerilla office – a few years ago, not long after they’d moved in – it was still a bit of a crumbling shitheap of a place.

8. Blerk

The sheer level of bullshit thrown around by game company PR teams in and around the launch period of a super-hyped title never fails to amaze. :roll:

9. Captain Fruitloop

What are you talking about, Blerk? Don’t you realise that Killzone 2 is so powerful that, even in development, it ALMOST BROUGHT A MAJOR EUROPEAN CITY TO ITS KNEES!!!!

10. G1GAHURTZ