1. Mike

Wow. Last year was nuts. Absolutely nuts. I was going nuts. Pat was going nuts. It was nuts. Nuts.

2. Gekidami

I dont remeber anyting of any intertest what so ever coming out of E3 last year… You two are clearly… Nuts…

3. Patrick Garratt

Last year’s was brilliant. It was non-stop announcements from beginning to end.

4. Johnny Cullen

Absoutely brillant, probably the best media conference I have ever seen from the big 3.

Fallout 3 and the DLC, Resident Evil 5 and the co-op, Fable II and… umm, Gears of War 2 and horde.

PLus, the shitty casual announcements.

OH AND FINAL FANTA-FUCKING-SY XIII!

5. Gekidami

If you consider stuff we already knew about announcements Pat then it was indeed non-stop, other then a game going multiplat everything else (from MS atleast) was deja vu.

6. Patrick Garratt

The two things that really stick out were NXE and FFXIII. The FFXIII announcement was completely awesome, news-wise. The internet shook.

7. Mike

FFXIII was nuts.

8. Johnny Cullen

Aww crap, forgot about NXE too XD

9. Michael O'Connor

“The internet shook.”

It didn’t just shake. It cracked in half and was swallowed up whole, eaten alive by the sheer weight of the collection hype, drama, and fanboyism that surrounded the moments after it was revealed!

I was sitting with staff from my own site when they announced the FFXIII thing. We’d been arguing about whether they’d announced it or not for days, cause rumours had been circulating.

I got goosebumps when they announced it. Literally. All over.

10. loki

FFXIII announcement was aversome
    E3 09 waiting new games, FF versus and MGS4 on Xbox

11. Johnny Cullen

Versus wont go.

Unlike, XIII, it wont go and I’ll tell you why right now.

Nomura.

He’s the biggest supporter of the PS3 and will fight tooth and nail to keep his projects on the console he’s working on them for.

Like Kojima, he’s not in it for money.

Although Konami and Square will think otherwise.

Still, as long as Nomura is still about at Square Enix, there is no chance in hell Versus XIII will go to the 360.

Mind you, if it does, it’l be a bigge surprise then XIII considering the circumstances I just mentioned.

12. Psychotext

Who knows… they’re both using the multiplatform Crystal Tools engine. ;)

(That said, it wont go.)

13. DaMan

that Nomura is a great character designer, nothing more. and comparing him to Kojima, who owns a studio inside Konami is ludicrous.

SE can always make a port of Versus, at least after the PS3 version.

14. No_PUDding

I don’t really agree at all. It was pretty shit up until the FFXIII announcement.

It felt like Mii Too, then a bit of, here is some games you know already, Metallica DLC and THEN the megaton.

I wonder whether they can do ANOTHER corporate bitch slap now? How much of Sony’s legacy is left outside of their control? Versus. And MGS4 is kind of irrelevant, a year later.

15. slayernl

Alan Wake 2009 belive ! :P

16. Patrick Garratt

Forza, Alan Wake, Halo ODST and… and…

17. SreyaNotfilc

Sony’s and Nintendo’s press conference was rather underwhelming. Microsoft made their announcements it overshadowed anything the other two had to say. I’m hoping for a new franchise that will come out this year and not in 3 years. New console talk should be saved for the E3 next year or the year after that.

18. No_PUDding

Only conference that was truly underwhleming was Nintendo’s.

The only people to announce new games were Sony, so that I was pleased with.

And apart from FFXIII announcement, Microsoft didn’t do anything that really was of any note.

19. Blerk

I seem to remember that Sony didn’t actually announce anything interesting, though. :-D

E3 would’ve been a complete wash last year without the FFXII thing. That was fucking awesome. Not the announcement, as such, but the internet afterwards. AWESOME! :-D

20. Blerk

Oh ffs, I used two smileys again and got caught out by the evil mod-bot. Patrick!