GTA IV: The Lost and Damned goes live

Tuesday, 17th February 2009 08:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gtaivtlada7

Rockstar’s released The Lost and Damned, GTA IV’s first major piece of DLC, as you can see here.

The content’s priced at 1,600 MS Points, and features around 10 hours of gameplay.

You need the original GTA IV disc in the drive to play it, remember, and it’s a 360-only thing. Just in case you’d forgotten.

Thanks Michael O’Connor.

1. Michael O'Connor

You’re quite welcome. =)

Downloading as we speak! I’ll be driving straight into this as soon as its finished.

2. El_MUERkO

i left it downloading as i went to work, by fluke i checked for it minutes after release so my download was nice and fast

now to twiddle my thumbs in work while avoiding spoilers :D

3. Johnny Cullen

I have internet probs right now as I am in Dublin, trying to get on Xbox Live and download it. Oh woe is me :(

4. trav

Card is broken. Can’t add MS points to buy. Can’t buy and download. Can’t play game.

Is sad ;_;

5. JesteR

10 hours? LOL pretty short. Well have fun 360 owners. I doubt it was worth for MS paying 50 million for it…..

6. Blerk

I guess that really depends on how much money they make off the back of it, hmm?

Besides, it was $25million. The other $25million is for the next batch of DLC.

7. Psychotext

10 hours is short now? Someone should tell the developers of 90% of the full priced games I’ve played recently. :D

8. ashers2ashers

I saw this was DLC was the maximum size it could be for XBL, but what is that actual size – how many GB’s we talking?

9. Psychotext

Oh, and I think people have difficulty understanding the term “loan”.

10. No_PUDding

Well Psychotext, you are the first time I’ve ever heard it was a loan.

No offence, I just assumed you assumed that.

I think ti was 1.7gb’s as someone said earlier… I think.

And 10 hours is long. If it includes driving to your next hit, then that really doesn’t do a thing for me.

11. Michael O'Connor

“how many GB’s we talking?”

1.78GB, to the mark.

That’s at least 2 dozen cutscenes, numerous new vehicles and buildings, and new radio content, including a new radio segment about the current “economic crisis”. *laughs*

Not bad for the price.

12. Psychotext

I don’t do assuming. :)

All the relevant information is in Take Two’s financial results and it was discussed in their investor teleconference.

13. Psychotext

ha… I just noticed the images at the top of the page. That’s very clever. :P

14. No_PUDding

So how did you gain access to their teleconference (or atleast information of it) and where is it stated in their financial results.

Anyway, it was a superb business decision for Microsoft to swoop in then, no economic crisis, T2 in hard times, superb idea. ESPECIALLY if it was a loan.

Although it being a loan, further fuels the idea it’s contractually exclusive.

15. Psychotext

You can see the analysis of it here if you don’t want to go digging on the take two site / conference history sites: http://www.edge-online.com/news/microsoft-paid-50m-advance-gta-iv-content

16. Psychotext

Goddamit… comment monster ate my post. Surely links to Edge of all site should be safe from the chompings of the comment monster?

17. Blerk

It moderated me yesterday for using two smilies in a single post.

I can kind of see it’s point, actually. Now that I think about it.

18. No_PUDding

Yeah, you’re overly smiley Blerk… It’s a goddamn recession.

By the way, why is VG247 linked to, by Cecil Kim’s blog (cecil-b-demented), Sony Santa Monica concept artist!?

19. Johnny Cullen