Killzone 2 demo now free to North American players… sorta

Monday, 16th February 2009 02:01 GMT By Nathan Grayson

killzone5b

When Sony initially bequeathed unto U.S. gamers its first holy, zeal-inspiring slab of Killzone 2, only those who had pre-ordered the game were able to partake. However, after sensing a horrendous disturbance in the Sony defense force, it seems Sony decided to back down on its somewhat perplexing policy.

Well, kinda.

Starting at 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern), a gaggle of Helghast soldiers will begin cavorting about PlayStation Home. When not checking out the latest Twilight trailers and performing carnal acts, they’ll be handing out a limited number of demo codes. Free demo codes.

You know what to do, we trust. Enjoy.

1. Yoshi

You know what to do… get a euro psn hahaha =P

2. brennan40

Yupp, in the long run it’ll be beneficial to have an account in all major regions. And they made it easier to make an account in various regions, so it’s really a 5 min step.
    I’ve downloaded a tonne of videos off the JPN PSN that you’ll never see in other regions.

On the topic of Killzone 2. I personally didn’t like the *demo* just because of the controls. I never checked to see if I could tweak the aiming speed or precision, but it feels like you have to sit and take your time to aim at the enemies. Maybe because I’ve grown used to PC shooters that console shooters seem a little slow.

My suggestion, rent before buy if you’re on the fence.

3. El_MUERkO

silly sony, releasing a demo that is only available to people who already want the game is not how to market a game

4. Retroid

Nnnnnngh.

5. El_MUERkO

Sir, would you like to buy this cake?

Yes, yes I would like that cake.

Then you may have a slice of sample cake.

You sir, you like to buy this cake?

Hmmm… I don’t know, it doesn’t look that splendid.

THEN YOU MAY HAVE NO SAMPLE CAKE!! I SPIT ON THE GRAVES OF YOUR ANCESTORS!!!

6. Yoshi

Lol im used to PC games alot more than consoles now but this i just cant miss, i liked the first 1 and ive just really gotta see how the story turns out =P
    Plus i love the intros to both games lol the voice acting of Brian Cox is bril.

7. No_PUDding

Looking forward to this game a LOT.

8. scuz

treat em mean keep em keen eh?

9. Funkyd

glol at El_Muerko

10. No_PUDding

I’d like some cake…

Actually made some Creme Broulee fresh last night so I’ll have that over cake.