Namco has reached agreements to acquire 70 percent of D3’s shares, according to this Andriasang report.
The news apparently comes from a press release.
Namco hopes to acquire the full 100 percent of shares, at a price of 62,000 yen.
D3 will be turned into a wholly-owned Namco subsidiary.
Other detail from the press release outlines resulting benefits of the move:
- Cooperation on overseas content expansion using such products as D3’s BEN10 series.
- Increasing the value of D3’s content by tying it in with Bandai Namco Groups’ other “strategic business units” (the release mentions five such units: toys and hobbies, amusement facilities, game content, network, and video/music content).
- Use of Bandai Namco Games content with D3’s casual games series
- Use of D3’s content with Bandai Namco’s “multi-content” development system (this presumably refers to Bandai Namco’s ability to produce toys, anime and other products outside of games).
- For North American content development, improvement of development efficiency through shared use of technology (game engines, etc.)
- Cooperative development and promotions for mobile content
- Offering of new types of play and new content by using the combined knowhow of Bandai Namco Games and D3
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.