Tue, Feb 10, 2009 | 23:49 GMT
World of Warcraft gets a small patch and an arena tournament
Blizzard wants a few dedicated and skilled combatants to enter the new World of Warcraft Global Arena Tournament, where your team can both renown and cash prizes.
According to the official WoW site, players will “battle on special Tournament realms purely dedicated to the competitive format of 3v3 Arena matches”.
The characters fighting it out will be newly created level 80s, and the teams that qualify will battle in an invitational ladder to get a chance at the finals.
Registration and all the other details through this link.
While you are here though, read on through the jump a list of patch notes for the surprise patch that Blizzard released for WoW earlier this afternoon. No, it’s not the BIG one, sorry.
Following the usual maintenance today, patch 3.0.9 should be going live on all servers, but if you want to download the patch manually, click here.
World of Warcraft v3.0.9 Patch
Dungeons and Raids
* The Obsidian Sanctum
o Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.
* The “GM wishes to speak with you” alert/button, at the top of the screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.
* A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM alert/button.
* When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button will glow.
* For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum .
* Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to see spell cooldowns.
* Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.
* Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.