Kojima at GDC: “We’ll be making announcements before the show”, says Konami”

Tuesday, 10th February 2009 22:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

konami

Konami’s confirmed to VG247 that it’s to make announcements related to Kojima’s GDC keynote before the event.

“With regard to Mr Kojima, we have to keep things tight-lipped for now,” said a rep when quizzed on the speech’s content.

“We will be making some announcements closer to GDC, so stay tuned”.

The father of the Metal Gear Solid franchise will be delivering a keynote titled “Solid Game Design: Making the ‘Impossible’ Possible” on the morning of March 26 in San Francisco.

This will be not be a something you would want to miss.

GDC opens its doors on March 23, so keep checking back with us as more details emerge.

1. No_PUDding

Uh….

Well I wonder waht that could be.

There’s so many rumorus surroundign Kojima, I genuinely do.

360 port, ZoE3, Snatcher sequel or a rumoured FPS. Let’s get on with it.

2. Hunam

How long did he book for his Keynote? Anything less than 9 hours won’t cover his opening speech.

3. Patrick Garratt

It’s an hour. I’d be absolfuckinglutely astonished if it isn’t the next Metal Gear.

4. No_PUDding

“I’d like to start off by reading the first 5 chapters of my autobiography, so you have some background information on me: I was born to a family……. “

5. Psychotext

I really hope they’re not doing another Metal Gear Solid. They’ve tied off the series, for better or worse… let it go.

(That’s coming from a big fan of the games)

6. No_PUDding

Indeed.

I hope he let’s a protoge of his develop the series in a totally new direction.

7. Johnny Cullen

DEAR MOTHERFUCKING GOD, ZONE OF THE ENDERS 3!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

8. Gamoc

ZOE3 would be brilliant. And orgasmic.

But not in a weird way.

9. ashers2ashers

360 port would be what I would jizz in my pants like crazy for. Or another Metal Gear Solid – if it would work – which I’m sure they wouldn’t do if they didn’t think it could. Would be nice to see what else is in him though as ZOE doesn’t seem like my kinda game and I only associate his name with MGS otherwise…

10. Blerk

Well, his keynote is “Making the Impossible Possible”. Didn’t he originally claim that MGS4 would be ‘impossible’ on anything other than the PS3? :-)

/stirs up both flavours of fanboys

11. JonFE

Blerk, that is a brilliant observation :-D

12. Blerk

I’m kind of surprised nobody else has arrived at that conclusion before me, tbh. :-D

13. Blerk

Ah, shame – it was Tretton, not Kojima. :-)

14. Blerk

Can we add some kind of rule to the spam filter which lets me automatically post whateverthefuckIwant? :-)