BottleRocket closure confirmed

By Patrick Garratt, Monday, 9 February 2009 20:05 GMT

bottlerocketlogoa1

Following rumour of Splatterhouse developer BottleRocket going bust at the weekend, Gamasutra’s confirmed the truth of it.

“Yes, we have decided to part ways with BottleRocket Entertainment,” said a Namco rep, “but we are committed to bringing Splatterhouse to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later this year.

“At this time, we are not ready to discuss specific development details about the game, and wish BottleRocket the best of luck in their future endeavors.”

A BottleRocket staffer was less convivial.

“Last Friday, Namco showed up with a U-Haul truck, took all their assets (dev kits, etc.) and informed management that the title was being pulled from Bottlerocket,” a studio rep told the site.

Splatterhouse is believed to now have been moved to the Afro Samurai team. There’s no word as yet as to why any of this has happened.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

BottleRocket Entertainment

  • Splatterhouse dev, Bottlerocket, shuts its doors

    BottleRocket Entertainment has shut down. Work on the Splatterhouse project was canceled after Namco Bandai dropped the developer earlier this year. “After fighting to keep the doors open for the past six months we have decided to close and move on,” studio president Jay Beard told Kotaku. Beard told the site that he is currently […]

  • Namco puts Splatterhouse staff back to work on title

    Namco has hired 10-20 staff members from BottleRocket to finish development of Splatterhouse. Seems the company opened up a new studio in San Diego and pulled in artists, designers, programmers, producers, and other staff to work alongside the Afro Samurai team. Splatterhouse was yanked from BottleRocket back in March because of “performance issues” and combined […]

Splatterhouse