Fri, Feb 06, 2009 | 19:15 GMT
Class changes detailed for WoW patch 3.1
World of Warcraft’s official forums are alight today with news of character classes changes in the upcoming patch 3.1.
Full details are too in-depth to outline here, but according to Eurogamer, a new raid dungeon called Ulduar along with dual talent specializations (fingers crossed) will be added. Other than that, this is what you can expect:
- No more consumable ammunition for Hunters
- A substantial boost for Protection-spec Paladins
- Major improvements to the Priest class, especially in group healing
- General buffs for Rogues and Shamans
- Efficiency improvements for Warriors and Warlocks (with the penalty for Warriors changing stances being much lighter)
- Mana regeneration is being reined in across the board
- Streamlining every class
- Bring tank classes into line with each other
- Leveling out imbalance in the damage dealing classes
- Healing during boss battles will be more of a challenge with mana changes.
Patch 3.1 has yet to be tested, but seeing that it is to be released sometime within the next few months, it should start soon.