Playstation 4 hasn’t even been mentioned, says Reeves

Friday, 30th January 2009 15:58 GMT By Mike

ps41b.jpg

Sony’s David Reeves has told Eurogamer has told Eurogamer that any speculation regarding a next-gen PlayStation is premature as he hasn’t ever heard anyone mention it.

“I have never even heard it mentioned,” he said. “I think people are concentrating so much on what’s happening now that they’re not even thinking about it.”

Read about Reeves’ views on on the future of PSP, platform exclusivity, 360 reliability, armadillos, price cuts destroying the market, PS3 being in second place and about Sony making a profit, not sales through the links.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Where did you get that bizarre picture from?

2. wz

So now that someone did mention it, is it coming ’09? Will it once again be able to control satellites?

3. Psychotext

North Korea are probably interested again… and will no doubt be very disappointed again. :D

4. SreyaNotfilc

Playstation 4 is so awesome that it will literally rearrange your face!

5. fearmonkey

Glad to hear it, the current consoles are just hitting thier stride.

6. truthiness

“Eurogamer: How about now? According to NPD, Xbox 360 outsold PS3 2-to-1 in the US last month. Microsoft is claiming to be ahead by 1 million units in Europe. Can you really say Sony is the winner

David Reeves: I don’t want to talk about the competition too much, but Xbox 360 is not ahead by a million units.”

Ouch, great interview. I wonder if Ellie took his wallet when they were done? Cause he definitely got mugged. It’s about time the gaming press started really calling down Sony for their pretentious lies. It’s a little late now, feels more like kicking them when they’re down.

7. theevilaires

cue psychofag in 3…2…1…

8. Psychotext

What do you want little attention whore?

9. fearmonkey

After reading the article, it just amazes me how Sony execs all seem to live in this dream world where they are teh tops!

10. truthiness

It’s like this giant corporate circle jerk. They are kings of the world, when in their own meetings. Occasionally we get a glimpse of the Sony psychosis in interviews such as this. Every time they open their mouths, hope that the next generation of PlayStations exceeding all the others dies a little more.

11. Quiiick

@ fearmonkey
    What really amazes me is that there are still folks like you who can’t separate PR-talk from a honest personal opinion. These guys get paid to say the best possible things about their company/products even if it couldn’t be farther from the truth. They never ever say what they really think. And no it doesn’t matter what company they work for. It’s all the same bullshit from either Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

12. theevilaires

#
    Psychotext said:

January 30th, 2009 at 6:01 pm

What do you want little attention whore?

since stickboy has just been revealed not to be morris. I want to know his whereabouts. What did you do to him you psychotic deranged homo. Did you murder him mistakenly by shoving your sex toys down his throat or were you jealous with rage because he cheated on you. You animal! You’ll pay for murderer!!!! I know he was a xbot and gay like you but even i wouldn’t have wished that on him…poor morris :(

13. Psychotext

The fact that you can’t work out where morriss is now says more about the weakness of your internal CPU than anything I may or may not have done.

14. theevilaires

it was a joke , get the stickboy out your ass :P pun intended :P

15. Psychotext

Yet I suspect you still have no idea where morriss is.

16. fearmonkey

@Quiick
    “What really amazes me is that there are still folks like you who can’t separate PR-talk from a honest personal opinion.”

No need to personally attack, unless your the understudy for theevilaires.

I get that they are using spin PR talk, but it’s still annoying to see them spout this crap, and I do have the freedom to comment on it using my “honest personal opinion”.
    It’s not just sony as you stated, I hate greenburgs comments too, and i have commented on those as well.

17. theevilaires

should i care, he sucks your D#*% not mine. hey i just saw you on you tube. you’re that angry german kid right :P

18. Cort

truthiness, have you forgotten to take one of your pills? Go back under your bridge.

19. Quiiick

@ fearmonkey
    Sorry, I had no intentions to “attack” you personally.
    I just don’t get it that some folks get so enraged about these spin-doctors,

20. OrphanageExplosion

More PR bullshit. Like Microsoft refusing to confirm the existence of the Xbox 360 Arcade even to the point where one retailer was already selling it (early)…!

The point is that Kutaragi was already planning PS3 *before* the PS2 launched – that’s how far ahead these guys are. So to suggest that PS4 ‘hasn’t even been mentioned’ is basically a load of rubbish.

21. Prox

I love vg247 but did you really need to spin 8 news posts out of a single interview from another website?

22. Quiiick

@ OrphanageExplosion
    Yes, we all know that Sony has started planning on PS4 long ago. But Reeves can’t admit this because it would confuse customers. So, asking this question in the first place is a stupid thing to do.