Skate 2 gets Time is Money DLC that unlocks everything

Friday, 23rd January 2009 08:26 GMT By Mike

skate23b.jpg

EA has released a Time is Money pack for Skate 2 that unlocks everything in he game that would only otherwise become available if you actually sit down and play it.

For 400 MS Points or £3.49 on PSN, you gain access to “all locations, skaters and gear that can be earned by playing through Skate 2′s career and online modes.”

In a seemingly unrelated move, EA has apparently fired 200 staff from Skate 2 development house Black Box.

Time is certainly money, these days.

Thanks, X3F.

By Mike Bowden

1. sickpuppysoftware

Fuck off. To both parts.

2. pleasant_cabbage

Yeah. That’s absolute shite. Worse than horse armour.

3. gorman

Honestly I was expecting this kind of comments and expecting to totally not understanding them.

If I have the money but I don’t have the time, what’s the problem in wanting to experience, at least briefly, all that a game has to offer?

Not everyone playing games is in school or university. There’s people with a job, a wife, kids…

Or you are complaining because one has to pay for the option?

4. Blerk

That’s exactly the problem – charging money for it. Why not just give you the option of unlocking all that stuff for free?

There used to be these things called ‘cheat codes’ which were quite popular with kids. Unfortunately they appear to have been replaced with ‘credit cards’.

5. Psychotext

As I recall… EA were rather fond of premium rate lines to get cheats too. Though obviously that didn’t stop you getting them from people you know. :)

6. Blerk

This really isn’t any different to gold farming when you think about it. And we know how fond of that games companies are.

7. Whizzo

Not having anything to achieve, acquire or discover in most games means you lose a certain amount of incentive to actually play it in the first place.

8. pleasant_cabbage

It’s a crock of shite to pay more to unlock things in a game imo. So they create artificial barriers so the game content is deliberately locked in the first place then we should be glad to pay to unlock it? Some bull about saving time? Streuth.

I think it was Codemasters I first noticed doing the whole phone us (tell us the number on the back the instruction leaflet) to unlock things thing.

It did, mostly, stop you from using a friend’s code as the code needed for your game would usually be different (although the nets usually found them out and listed the different combinations).

EA were usually ok at giving out the ‘free’ code unlocks as in Tiger woods, Fight Night (could be faulty there).

9. Gamoc

Actually I like this. Simply because of the first game, one specific section quite early, I couldn’t do a mission/whatever because my PS3 version kept jumping everytime I needed to make that specific jump, resulting in me murdering my character every time I tried to do it. I couldn’t progress and it was no fault of my own – at least this way I can unlock everything.