Splinter Cell: Conviction still a 360 exclusive

Thursday, 22nd January 2009 20:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

splintercelconvictiona2.jpg

Ubi confirmed in its Q3 earnings call tonight that Splinter Cell: Conviction is still a 360 exclusive.

A PC version will also ship.

The publisher said earlier this evening that the game will arrive in the following financial year, ending March 2010.

This pegs the game as a near cert for this Christmas.

Thanks, Videogamer.

1. theevilaires

no matter how much m$ tries to make this a Mgs vs thing, Splinter cell will never best that franchise. Kojima is just too good for ubisoft.Keep paying for exclusives M$,you’re done for when ps3 hits 300 you heard it here first on VG247 :P

2. Mike

I can’t wait for this.

3. Psychotext

Yeah, I was a big time fan of the originals (thought not so much the last one). Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

4. SticKboy

Chaos Theory was one of the best games of the last gen, so I also have high hopes for this.

5. Blerk

I played the first level of the original Splinter Cell on a demo disc and… that’s my entire experience of Splinter Cell. I thought it was alright, too. But never bought it. So never bought the sequels. So… where am I going? I’ve lost my thread.

6. st00rm

i don’t know if this game is going to be any good (especially after being delayed for 2 or 3 times already)
    i loved chaos theory and disliked double agent, and conviction seem to be heading in the same direction as double agent – as a dark stealth game they should stick to missions that happen at night

7. JonFE

I’m not sure what to expect from SC:Conviction anymore.

I’m one of those (few I guess) that loved the announcement trailer back in 2007 -even though it seemed completely different to all the prequels- because it reminded me of Mucky Foot’s Urban Chaos and I loved that game.

In the light of constant delays, presumably, a lot have changed since then, but no concrete info about the game’s direction have surfaced (at least to my knowledge), so I’m on a fence about it. Would love to be pleasantly surprised though :)

8. Robo_1

Another Urban Chaos fan here. Never gets the credit it deserves, as being a key title for the sandbox genre, but still, a top game in its own right.

I’d love Conviction to come good too. I rather enjoyed the last one, and I’d be interested to see how they’re going to build on it.

9. JonFE

Never gets the credit it deserves, as being a key title for the sandbox genre

Totally agree with you Robo_1 :)