Correction: I am Alive to be released by the end of March

Wednesday, 21st January 2009 12:19 GMT By Mike

iamalive2b1.jpg

Earlier today we told you that Ubisoft’s disaster movie FPS, I am Alive, was coming in Q1 2009. Well, we’ve had clarification from Ubisoft saying that the release date is actually “Calendar Q1″ – meaning that the game will arrive much sooner than we first thought.

“On release schedule Q1 is referred as Calendar Q1 (beg of Jan to the end of March),” a senior Ubisoft representative told VG247 this afternoon.

So expect Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. sooner rather than later, too.

Ubisoft also confirmed that screenshot published yesterday (above) is indeed real.

I am Alive was announced in July last year. It was thought Jade Raymond was working on the game but that has sinced been denied by Ubisoft with Alone in the Dark devs Darkwaorks now at the helm.

Expect more media as March approaches.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

:shock:

2. Syrok

Wait, there has been no hype what so ever around this yet. They can’t release it this early.

3. absolutezero

I dunno about that it was on the cover of Gamestm last month and I think they might be hoping to cash in on the initial “Well that sounds interesting” before people see whose developing it and what they made beforehand.

4. Tonka

Now that’s how you release a game.

5. No_PUDding

I dunno…. I quite like not being cheated into buying a game I didn’t know was first person.

6. Blerk

But you didn’t buy it.

7. No_PUDding

Technicalities….

I disagree though.

8. Blerk

You disagree that you didn’t buy it? :-D

9. SticKboy

March 2009?? WTF???

But there aren’t even any in-game screenshots on the official website!

Unless this is all some kind of shit-test to see whether or not publicity in the gaming press does actually have any effect whatsoever on sales…

10. No_PUDding

11. SplatteredHouse

Huh? Coming *seriously* low under the radar, this is…! :p I hope it’s going to be good, but this is curious business, imo.

12. tenthousandgothsonacid

“But there aren’t even any in-game screenshots on the official website”

Yes, there are, click on ‘media’ :)

13. shine1396

Wait just a minute…
    What kind of game is it?
    platform?
    action adventure?
    rpg?
    fps?
    tps?
    isn’t this jade raymonds project?

14. Blerk

Seems like it’s going to be a first-person adventure, a bit Bioshock-esque. And no, it’s not Jade Raymond’s project.

15. tenthousandgothsonacid

“isn’t this jade raymonds project?”

Dude, the article is only seven sentences long and you still failed to read it all. You suck :)

16. SticKboy

@ tenthousandgothsonacid:

Those are taken from the trailer, not in-game. You did watch the trailer, didn’t you?

Now you owe me TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR!!

17. scuz

there is no way that game will be out in quarter 1, and if it is…it’ll be awful, which is a shame.

18. Alakratt

Really, there are some people out there exited for this game. My question to them is, how the hell could you be exited for something you know nothing about. Wow, it’s a disaster movie FPS, but that’s it! That’s all the info they’ve released. Until Ubisoft show some gameplay, to me this game will seem stupid. Another FPS game really isn’t that impressive nowadays.

19. Hero of Canton

It’s not an FPS. And people are excited because it’s something a little different – who wouldn’t want a western SOS: The Final Escape with higher production values? It’s the concept that intrigues – whether the execution lives up to that idea is too early to gauge. The fact that it’s coming so soon has me worried, but I’m still interested to see how it turns out.

20. Mad-elph

I actually was looking forward to this title being a fully fleshed out post-apocalyptic game with little reliance on guns, and more on brains…. I guess I won’t get anything of that kind. It will be a rushed game that needs to be sell 2 mill before the make the game they should have made with the sequel.

21. Panipal2005

Rushed? They’ve been working on it for 2-3 years in fact…before it was ‘I Am Alive’ it was simply ‘Alive’.