Fallout 3 DLC dated for January 27 – patch released too

Tuesday, 13th January 2009 16:29 GMT By Mike

fallout31b2.jpg

Bethseda has announced that Operation: Anchorage, which is the first of three expansion packs for Fallout 3, will be available to download from January 27.

Operation: Anchorage will cost 800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 and PC.

Update: Bethseda has also released a patch that is needed before Operation Anchorage can be played. The 1.1 patch fixes who whole host of bugs and quests on all formats. Full list over at Destructoid.

You can download the PC patch from here.

By Mike Bowden

1. Gekidami

Hope its good, i’ll be picking this up as soon as. Very quick release to compaired to other games that have DLC announced but only deliver a couple of months after.

2. SticKboy

“Due to an exclusivity agreement with Microsoft, the content will not be released on PS3.”

Ha, that was a low blow. You might as well have put “@Alakratt” at the front!!

3. Mike

I’m blowing raspberries at everyone who told me that the initial patch story was old (so I deleted it!) and they got it last year!

blpblpblblbpblpblbplbbplbpl

Night!

4. Psychotext

Stupid PC patch didn’t fix my radio problems but managed to break alt-tabbing into the game. :(

5. Quiiick

I bought the PS3 version of Fallout 3 even tough I do own a 360 and was very well aware that the 360 version was better looking and will have DLC. But I really hate to see these silly games being played with exclusive DLC. Take that Microsoft! :)

6. Alakratt

@ SticKboy

Dude, I’m too busy watching TourettesGuy videos at work to be getting mad at your comment.

Anyway, question, I already got a patch for my version (yes, the PS3 one) but I’m reading quite a few articles on todays patch and they’re saying that it would be released on all platforms today, is this true?

EDIT: FUCK SALT!!!
    EDIT#2: Here’s the link to the vids: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3775934817379321852

Enjoy!

7. Quiiick

@ Alakratt
    AFAIK the new (second) patch contains a lot of bug fixes too, in addition to the preparation for the DLC (360/PC).
    So why not release these bug fixes for PS3 along the way with a patch?

8. theevilaires

Alakratt forget stickinmybuttholeboy he’s a wee wee head :P

9. ecu

Any word on whether the patch will bring Walter back to life in my game?