FFXIII demo Japan only, says Square Enix

Monday, 12th January 2009 11:26 GMT By Mike

ffxiii2b.jpg

Following up on our earlier story of a demo for FFXIII shipping with FFVII: Advent Children Complete on Blu Ray, Sqaure Enix has confirmed to videogaming247 that said demo will be “Japan only.”

“At present the FINAL FANTASY XIII demo will only be available in Japan with the Blu Ray release of Advent Children Complete,” a company rep told us today.

“We hope to have further news in the coming months.”

Also, details have emerged that the main character’s name is Dia Walruva. So there you go.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Sounds like an anagram. :-D

2. Alakratt

The article forgot to mention that the demo is also PS3 only. You know since you post similar articles when there are 360 only demos, like the Endwar demo (which really wasn’t exclusive, just for a very short time).

3. Mike

I thought “Blu Ray” gave it away, tbh.

4. SticKboy

(Fucking whiney platform-fanboy gobshites…)

5. Alakratt

@ Mike

Must have skip that, but anyway, I would love to see the words “PS3-only” on this site instead of the usual “360-only”, I know it would hurt a lot!

BTW, Star Ocean 4 will end up on the PS3, ever wonder why the “Only on Xbox” label is missing from the box?

6. Blerk

They ran out of paint?

7. Mike

8. Psychotext

Label doesn’t exactly mean a lot anyway… in the past it’s just been a guarantee of 1 year of exclusivity.

9. Alakratt

@ Blerk

“They ran out of paint?”

LOL!, no, but you wish!

10. Syrok

/Looks at tags

OMG! XBOX 360!

11. firemyst

This means nothing at all. Square Enix says this any time they haven’t announced something. I’ve done countless interviews with their PR people and over half of it is “no comment at this time.” The fact they mention something is pending means the exact opposite of this story.

Thanks for stirring up the fanboys for nothing.

12. Mad-elph

Blerk,
    Anagram of name could be Dual Via War or Dual Via Raw.. does that help any?

I personally am really excited for this game. FF franchise is a great reminder of childhood.

And I was looking forward to getting this if I could have when I heard about it first many months ago.