Street Fighter II HD Remix sells over 250,000

Thursday, 18th December 2008 19:51 GMT By Patrick Garratt

sf2hd1.jpg

That was probably worth doing, then. Capcom’s announced that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix has sold over 250,000 units since it released at the end of November.

“HD Remix has shattered both day one and week one sales records and will most likely break 30 day sales records as well,” said Capcom on its blog.

“It’s on its way to becoming the highest grossing digital title ever.”

Grats to all. More through the link.

1. Hunam

I guess this is what happens when you give fans what they ask for.

2. Smartypants

Well worth the money too. The netcode is solid 95% of the time, and with an arcade stick this is Street Fighter heaven. Haven’t played any other online game since this came out, completely addicted all over again. Weel done Capcom :)

3. G1GAHURTZ

I wonder if it made more money on LIVE or PSN.

4. Syrok

I can tell you how much it made on the European PSN:

€0

5. ecu

Definitely would have made more on Live. I still haven’t got it because I don’t have an arcade stick for the 360, nor will I since it’s not really worth it for one game.

6. Smartypants

@ecu: luckily you’ll also be able to use that stick for SFIV and also for all the 3D fighters already available (DOA4, VF, Soulcalibur… Tekken 6 is also on its way)
    It’s worth it. You know it is. Go on.

7. Esha

Okay, I’ll bite.

Are worthy arcade sticks still even made for consoles? I know they are for PC thanks to MAME and similar arcade emulators (which never seem to lose their huge following), and those for the PC are actually built to the quality standards of arcade machines.

I know there were one or two decent ones back in the days of the 16-bit consoles, but since fighters went 3D, I haven’t seen even a half-decent arcade stick, and lately I haven’t seen any at all.

Does anyone have an example of a good arcade stick, for either PS3 or 360?

8. Psychotext

I have just the blog/article for you Esha: http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/arcade-stick-ranking/

Those that care get custom made ones though… or make their own.