New Uncharted 2 trailer looks bleak

Monday, 15th December 2008 07:59 GMT By Nathan Grayson

uncharted6.jpg

Or rather, things look bleak for hero Nathan Drake. Watch the wise-cracking Croft-killer bleed everywhere and ride a vertical train the only way anyone knows how. It’s cringe-inducing stuff.

Game looks amazing, though. Full trailer’s after the break.

By Nathan Grayson

1. Shatner

Drake’s success as a character was his flaws. Unlike Lara or Fenix he was never portrayed as a relentlessly confident, “nothing phases me” entity. Stumbles and mis-steps were built into his animations too. Looks like some of that is in this trailer.

Also, nice tag.

2. Rhythm

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing more of this :-)

3. SilentLoner

Am I right in thinking thats in game and not cg?

I remember the cutscenes in UC1 being all in game.

4. JesteR

Nice trailer. Im sure this game will be a big hit next year. Cant wait to play it. Nathan Drake is a great character.

5. that_happy_cat

ND did a great job in putting this new character and game together. I hope, now that they’ll have some support behind them, that they will have the resources to improve the AI and combat. Killing the same guy with a shotgun throughout the whole game got tiresome fast.

Overall though, the feeling of sheer joy at leaping through such lush scenery made up for it… just.

Looking forward to the sequel.

6. Blerk

Heh heh – nice trailer. I like.

7. evilashchris

Yeah it looks great, I really enjoyed the first game, in fact, I took a loan of my mates PS3 so I could finish it :D

8. Tonka

Highly unrealistic. Surely his breath would fog under those conditions.

9. Gekidami

I guess its warmer in that part, theres fog in the other teaser.

10. Tonka

I thought that maybe the fire was warming the compartment that he’s stuck in. But the closest fire is too far away to have any impact.

Might be that Drake is severely cooled down. But I doubt his core temperature could drop low enough to stop his breath from fogging.

I call uncanny valley on this one.

11. Psychotext

I love you Tonka. :D

12. Blerk

Maybe it’s just a dream. Dreams don’t work like real life. Sometimes there are zombies, or you are naked. Or both.

Dreams are weird.

13. Psychotext

Are there sometimes naked zombies? Don’t see as much of that as you’d expect really.

14. Tonka

Naked with Zombies. Sounds like a small upstart developer.
    (registers url)

15. sennasnit

There were some naked zombies in either Resi 2 or 3 i forget which, but it was in the underground secret lab area, that every small town has. Mwahahaha **twirls moustache**

16. mightyhokie

I really liked the first one (not quite finished with it yet), but is this gameplay or CG? I find it hard to believe that the game will look like that.

17. No_PUDding

xD

Ahh I love you guys!

Naked Zombie dreams.

Anyone remember the hug in a mug advert for Cuppa Soup? I had an awful nightmare involving infinite amounts of them following me, and i had to lock myself in a coffin sized shed.

Thats blood comment helps me retain faith in there stil being Drake humour. Love this franchise.
    Man, good times.

18. lelik

that trailer was so awesome. everything an uncharted trailer should be.