First real-time God of War 3 footage punches the earth

Monday, 15th December 2008 05:54 GMT By Nathan Grayson

Kratos is back, and he’s pissed. Why? We’re not really sure. Probably the economy. But Kratos’ loss is our gain, because when mythological Greece’s Godzilla blows his top, he slashes up horse-people and punches them with wolves.

Check out the full trailer after the break.

By Nathan Grayson

1. Robo_1

Painting come to life is a stretch! Looking good though, but I’m expecting a lot more than that :)

2. Vahn16

Final boss = giant, living painting. Clearly, you just misinterpreted Jaffe’s comments.

3. Shatner

I don’t know if ANY of that stuff was non-CG or not. Not too fussed, Kratos is a fantastically realised character.

S’funny to see people pay so much attention to half of Jaffe’s comments (“painting come to life”) yet completely ignore the other half (“What I saw isn’t what they’re showing at the awards”) so that their oh-so-cynical criticisms can sound like they have a shred of merit.

Irrespective of the graphics, if the combat system, level of spectacle and epic nature of the settings and events remains intact then I shall be a happy man. Oh, and that music.. ..just epic!

4. Vahn16

Pretty sure it was all real-time — no CG. Or at least, that’s what they were billing it as.

5. Blerk

Looking pretty damn good! Although I’d expect nothing less from these guys.

6. ecu

Looks great.

7. DrDamn

HD Version on GTrailers …

8. patlike

That looks very cool from where I’m sitting.

9. Lutz

I’ll buy a PS3 for this.

Well, when it comes down to a sensible price.

10. No_PUDding

Uncharted 2 <3

Never got the God of War hype. But it certainly looks pretty. Still a logn way to go yet though, you can see waht makes it looks avrage is the awful particle effects.

The blood for one, and the flames for the other. And then the light sources and the particle effects mizing cause an awful aesthetic. FIX IT BIATCHES!

Sure it will be.

11. mortiferus

Well, it looks painting-like if you are on LSD. Boy, Jaffe how does the shoe leather taste?

12. No_PUDding

can you explain the shoe leather comment?

I think he was kciked in the face or soemthing.

13. DaMan

okay so is this what Jaffe was talking about back then? hmm.

14. No_PUDding

I am sure we’ll see eventually.

More importantly: Anybody willing to expalin this cultural development stage I have missed, wherein I’ve no clue as to this leather shoe phrases’ etymology or definition?

15. ecu

Jaffe said, RE: God of War 3 –

ps. I saw GOD OF WAR III when I was in Santa Monica last week. I can and will not give away details. But I think it’s ok for me to say two things:

a- HOLY HOLY HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!
    b- I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look….and that game is currently- and will probably remain- my game of the year.

I ain’t no fan boy but this mother fucking game looks like nothing you’ve ever played…and you can hold me to that when this thing hits and when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life- it’s THAT good looking.

No, this isn’t the stuff he was talking about. As said in an earlier comment, the footage he was talking about is NOT this footage.

But this discussion should be redundant as those graphics and bloody fantastic whichever way you look at it, and that’s all that needs to be said.

16. No_PUDding

So, where do the shoes come in.

I am not questioning you’re Jaffe criticisations, I don’t care what you think, and I’d imagine you don’t care what I think.

Just the shoe thing….

17. mortiferus

LOL, dude I was alluding to the old saying, “He put his foot in his mouth” … just that in Jaffes case he clearly had his shoe still on!

18. ecu

Yeah except, well, he didn’t really.