Home connection problems appear to have eased

Friday, 12th December 2008 06:02 GMT By Patrick Garratt

homea5.jpg

Connection issues Home was experiencing last night appear to have eased. And when we say “eased,” we mean we had no problem logging on this morning.

Following the release of the app last night, many users complained of error messages and an inability to get Home to load. Time-out messages were also experienced.

Hopefully it was a load thing. Go create an avatar.

1. Syrok

Oh, really?
    I still can’t log in. But I do get a different error now.

Edit: Actually I can, but not with my German account.

2. patlike

We’ve been on it this morning. Seems to work OK. Mike was logged on from Denmark, etc.

3. that_happy_cat

I hope the baying public remember this is beta… sigh

4. Syrok

It works now, but my avatar is in a club room that shouldn’t exist anymore. I think I just leave it there. :)

5. Gekidami

Maybe you kept your club, all the other closed beta stuff is still on you, atleast it is for me.

6. BraveArse

Thing is – I can’t remember ever being on a beta that asked me to pay for content. That, I think is where the irritation will set in. It seemed pretty slick and I quite liked the pool, bowling and chess but it was all far too full of txt spking l33twh0r3s for my liking. That, though, is not the fault of Sony but more my problem for being old I guess.

I really want to see the game launching stuff. I didn’t just imagine reading that there was some NXE party equivalent stuff in there did I?

7. Syrok

I didn’t create it though and it doesn’t appear on the list.

8. Doomsayer

Seems like there are some real serious security issues with Home, so better take some care or your account will be hacked in no time

9. Blerk

Yikes!

10. Tiger Walts

That really is poor network security… actually it’s close to being no network security.

11. Blerk

“Security will be included in the final 1.0 release”. :-D

12. Syrok

The dog said it will be patched this Thursday.