Sony officially announces Home launch

Thursday, 11th December 2008 22:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

homea4.jpg

Home’s here, Sony’s announced in a note on the PS Blog, confirming that the little logo is now available in the XMB of all PS3 owners worldwide.

“Getting to this point has required a tremendous amount of participation, input, care, and passion from the thousands of beta testers who helped make PlayStation Home what it is today,” said Jack Buser, Home director.

“So to all of you that have tested, from all of us on the PlayStation Home team here at Sony: ‘Thank You!’”

Home launched earlier this evening in what appeared to be a smooth roll-out, although the app is experiencing some connection issues.

1. Blerk

Is it any good, then? :-D

2. patlike

No idea. Can’t connect.

3. Michael O'Connor

It’s not bad.

Nothing to write HOME about though.

Hur hur hur.

*shuts up*

4. Blerk

Too late! You’re fired! :-D

5. Retroid

“Is it any good, then?”

And quite a few of the freebies they put up on the store now actually *cost money*.

/Picard

6. Syrok

You have to admit that Sony knows what a good pricing strategy is. ^^

7. wickedman

Can’t connect, this blows!!!!

8. Esha

I’m going to be hearing “You’ve got the whole World … IN YOUR HANDS! You’ve got the whole World in your HANDS!” in my sleep.

It was pretty much what I thought it would be, though. It was fun talking with people, the little minigames were a laugh and so on. If you go in there with the distinct intent not to buy anything, you can blow some time on it and enjoy yourself.

I’m pleased with it, considering that all the games are free.

Now to get the high-score on Ice Breaker…

Oh and regarding that piece of bloody music, there’s far too much emphasis on the word “hands”. This leads my subconscious to replace “hands” with other things, such as “pants”. This is so Freudian that I don’t even really want to think about it. If I hear that tune much more, I may end up scarred for life. I need to stay away from that screen.

9. Tonka

So, HOME has a new home then?

10. Newbie101

Shame it’s a biggest load of shite ever.

Shame the games don’t have Scoreboards either.

11. BraveArse

Bit underwhelming imo – I haven’t tried the NXE party equivalent stuff yet though. And that, really, is all I’m interested in. And 59p for a virtual rubber ducky? Fuck right off… I can get a real one for that price.

The store is a complete pisstake. And where are the BEARDS? I demand BEARDS.

12. G1GAHURTZ

LOL, why would anyone want to play games when they can buy more rubber duckies!?

13. Doomsayer

Hmmm at least i am totally impressed with “THE SECOND COMING OF PLAYSTATION”. Spent the whole evening yesterday to log in but after i while i got so pissed i fired up L4D.

Cheers