Microsoft shows post-NXE stats, no hard figures included

Thursday, 11th December 2008 07:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

nxea2.jpg

Xbox production head Aaron Greenberg’s released a ton of stats on post-NXE Live, and it all makes for cheery reading. If you’re Microsoft. And you’re prepared to gloss over the fact that none of these benchmarks t have real numbers attached to them.

Bullets, all taken from Joystiq an Nelson:

• Marketplace downloads of TV episodes were up 30% and movie downloads up 49% the week after the NXE launch.
  • No Netflix data was released.
  • Xbox LIVE Arcade sales almost tripled in the first week after the New Xbox Experience launched.
  • Post-NXE “the number of new friends added per Xbox LIVE member has risen by 33%” across both Gold and Silver Xbox Live memberships.
  • UNO which was updated to include Avatar support, saw a 650% sales spike “in just one day.” No actually sales figures were released.
  • A Kingdom for Keflings was the second-largest XBLA launch game ever. No sales figures were released.

More through there.

1. Blerk

A Kingdom For Keflings is surprisingly good! I’m going to buy the full thing, my son thinks it’s aces.

2. morriss

What do you do in it?

3. Blerk

You’re a giant and you help the little guys build a town by training them to fetch wood and mine stone and stuff. It’s a bit like a combat-free version of The Settlers. With a giant.

4. onyxbox

I ate 20% more for breakfast this morning.

5. morriss

I’ll try the demo. How you getting along with Mass Effect?

6. Blerk

It’s super. Technically wonky, but I’m really into it now. In fact, it’s a shame it was the office Christmas party last night ‘cos I didn’t get a chance to play.

7. morriss

ha! Excellent. I fucking love(d) it. I’m just waiting on some more DLC and ME2 info. BioWare has gone completely dark on everything apart from TOR and Dragon Age recently.

Need more info.

I downloaded some music from iTunes too, especially the menu music when you boot up the game: fantastic.

8. bloke

K4K is really rather charming – there’s not really a ‘game’ to it (no bad stuff happens and there are infinate supplies of resources) – but it’s fun to see your avatar being a giant and doing stuff.

A bit of a must for kids, both big and small IMHO.

9. Blerk

Yes, all the fun seems to be in ‘doing it your own way’. Which I think is precisely why my son loves it. It’s a very relaxing game.