Home suffering instant connection issues

Thursday, 11th December 2008 21:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

homea3.jpg

Multiple users are complaining that they’re unable to access the now-launched PlayStation Home.

We’re getting no joy with it here at all, although some are reportedly able to launch, so we’re assuming it’s a load issue.

When trying to access the app, a network error C-991 is repeatedly served with the message, “The connection to the server was lost.”

Not for long, hopefully.

1. 01casey

Yeah, I’m getting those exact problems. Hopefully will be sorted by tomorrow morning.

It’s been a real struggle getting this thing online it seems!

EDIT: Just restarted Home, I’m in, at long last. Must’ve just been struggling to cope with the high demand initially.

2. lelik

ive been in the beta since the first round of invites and home always kicked me off with a similar error if i stayed on for more than 5 minutes. its the only reason i havent bothered with it at all. been hoping it would be fixed at some point.

i think its probably just high server load in this case though.

3. patlike

Oh dear.

4. Gekidami

I’m in game right now ;)

5. 01casey

I’ve been kicked out again and cannae get back in. :/

6. mart

Yeah not having any problems. I’m not surprised people are though, tbh. Anything will have trouble if thousands of people try to get in at once. Normal usage is an ebb and flow of people, not a tidal wave.

7. JamieSI

Was just about to ask if you guy’s were having the same problem. Bah, all this waiting :p

8. 01casey

Aaaand I’mmmm In again.. Lol

9. hammerstein08

No matter how much interest is lost or gained in this product it was always going to come under fire for the hype. It being released was asking for problems as everyone wants to either prove it a failure or get on the bandwagon early. What Sony do next will decide whether it’s a complete failure or a great success

10. Zarckan

I’ve been part of the beta since Sept’07, a few times I’ve been kicked out, but not in the past 12 months.

Not tried it tonight, mainly as I know it’ll be getting hammered.

Just hope they’re not using SKiRT :-/

11. Gekidami

Though i’m connected to it, its pretty slow, alot slower then it was in closed beta, it looks like the ads have been disabled to not add extra load for now.

12. Michael O'Connor

Getting the error as well. Haven’t managed to get on at all, no matter how hard I try.

13. Gekidami

actually ads arnt disabled, they’re just taking ages to load in.

14. Gekidami

Hum, i notice that stuff actually costs now in the stores, though its the same stuff from the closed beta, and stuff that i, therefore got for free.

15. prodygeejpn

Pretty funny. I was about to say I don’t have this problem. And right now, when I’m typing this, I got that error. Hehe, it’s a BETA so it’ll get fixed.

16. Quiiick

No problems here!
    Have been in HOME for more than 3 hours now …

Looks great, had some funny chats, but I will NOT pay for furniture or clothes!
    Will there be free stuff available?

17. Syrok

Yay, I get a different error message.

“Request timed out