Home’s launch is “imminent,” says SCEA

Tuesday, 9th December 2008 06:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

homea.jpg

SCEA’s told Joystiq that Home’s “launch is imminent,” following speculation yesterday that the social app would release before December 17.

“We’ve been saying it will launch by the end of calendar year 2008,” said PlayStation Home director, Jack Buser.

“And that’s getting very, very close.”

Just. Launch. It. Before someone dies.

1. Psychotext

The conversation in the header image makes me want to sever my internet connection permanently. Mmm… role play.

/slashes

2. morriss

I really want to try it. Mainly so I can say, “I knew it!” But I’d love to be pleasantly surprised.

3. Mad-elph

It is quite pleasant actually. I enjoy the environments and chatting ability. But more people need to get headsets…. Now if only they made the central download include the 4 main locations, instead of downloading each separately… I mean we are all going to go to the main 4, have the separate game rooms separate fine, but to download each, and each ones update each time is tedious!

Things to smooth out… in time in time, no time left, oh no!

4. LeD

It’s a bit shit really. Played a game of bowling yesterday, then played some Echochrome on one of the arcade machines, then stalked a girl for a few minutes, kept getting into people’s faces while using the most hideously repulsive avatar I could create. Then got bored.

5. Blerk

Stalking girls! Finally I understand why people are excited about this.

Of course, it was probably a hairy bloke in real life, but beggars can’t be choosers.

6. sennasnit

I Like it, playing pool is great, i’ve become a bit of a shark, not in the eating bikini clad teenage girls way, but in the pool playing way.

7. mightyhokie

At this point I’ll have to file this one in the ‘who gives a fuck’ category.
    Sorry Sony, but my 360 gets 20 hours of play time a week and I enjoy game after game. My PS3 used to be a Blu-Ray player, but with my new Netflix account through the 360, it is now just a dust collector.

You guys blew it.