Ghostbusters boss “excited” by Atari plans

Thursday, 4th December 2008 08:44 GMT By Mike

ghostbustersb.jpg

After telling VG247 that “Ghostbusters will be published!” back in August, Terminal Reality boss Mark Randel feels great now that Atari has officially picked up the game and given it a June 2009 release date.

“We’re doing great and can’t wait for people to play the game,” said Randel when asked how the team felt now that things were all sorted.

“We are excited that Atari chose to release it to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Ghostbusters as it allows us to give the game even more polish.”

In case you’ve been asleep this year, Ghostbusters was put out to tender during the Activision Blizzard merger.

This led to Gamestop cancelling pre-orders and refunding people’s money: not good at all.

Still, all’s well that ends well.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Here’s a tip, Randel – don’t listen to Atari too closely. They’re fucking morons. :-D

2. morriss

I’m chuffed for him. He was bang into when I spoke to him in Spain, and the game looked bloody good too.

3. Blerk

I can’t imagine why Activision let it go and kept some of the other tat. They’re obviously fucking morons too.

I’m sensing a pattern here. :-D

4. morriss

It was easily the game of the show. Well, that and Spyro. Which, incidentally, is really, rather good.

5. Esha

I love Dragons, naked potential given form with very few rules and restrictions attached. And I loved the original PSone Spyro games, to hear that this new Spyro game is very good too is great news.

I really do have a number of titles to look forward to in 2009.

Edit: Now I really hope I win that serious business award. I was never one to care what others thought of me anyway, so one extra title to add to the heap wouldn’t hurt.

I’ll never outdo Shatner though, I doubt. I’m as sincere as can be, but my posts are ramblesome and tend to lose focus.

6. morriss