1. Dean

PS3 version.. get! Although I won’t be playing it until the patch that sorts out horror bugs and adds trophies (PS3) is released.

Thanks for the heads-up!

2. Esha

Thanks pat! I’ll have to get my recommendations around now that the price has dropped, as Fallout 3 is truly a magnificent little game and at this price, anyone would be a fool to pass it up.

The heads up is appreciated, though, just to say that again. It’s nice to be kept informed of these things.

@Dean

There’s only one really killer bug that can’t be fixed with a little clever thinking, and there’s a wiki out there which details most of that clever thinking too. Said bug is one where the Jefferson monument freezes every time the player gets near it, but this too can be fixed by not going near the Jefferson monument until …

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

… you get the quest to escort a bunch of Scientists there.

How much of a spoiler that is, I don’t know. But I never could wrap my mind around what is and isn’t a spoiler, so I don’t take my chances.

3. Blerk

The PC version’s a shade under £15 too.

4. Esha

The PC version dropped in price that fast?

It’s a shame I’m really the only person I know with a gaming PC, otherwise I’d be talking-up that one to my friends.

PC hardware is so expensive these days. :/

5. Blerk

It’s only for one day, though. Order quick.

6. Harry

Ordered on X360.

Gave my review code to a writer but have been itching to play the game for myself.

Great bargain.

7. Jmek

Got mine today. With this and Far cry 2 at 17.99 at play this week has been Bargaintastic!

8. Truk

“PC hardware is so expensive these days. :/”

Eh?! No it’s not. Maybe if you buy an alien brain or something. Anyway. Not doing this tired old discussion again.

edit: Alien Brain? Heh. Alienware. Alien Brain would be shit for playing games…

9. ecu

Is it only today, and only online?

10. Blerk

It is only for today, yeah – different deal tomorrow. No idea if it’s online only, though.

11. ecu

Nevermind. My willpower lasted all of about 10 minutes. Order placed. :)

12. Blerk

:-D

13. Esha

You won’t be disappointed, ecu.

Just wait until you get the chance to wander about some old military complex, armed with naught but an Area 51-ish cheesy plastic alien blaster pistol … watching hilariously bad robo-rejects right out of 50′s Sci-fi trundle around yelling pro-America propaganda … and all the while listening to love songs that are probably older than I am. It’s sublime.

If it’s only for one day though, I’d better get cracking.

Truk: That was my fault, I didn’t really explain myself and I think it came over poorly because of that.

What I was trying to get at was that the investment isn’t worth it for most people. If a person buys a PC for gaming, then they’re going to want one that can ultimately outdo the 360 in every department. It’s hard to do that with bargain-priced hardware, it can be matched but once one starts going over that level of performance the price starts rising drastically over that of a 360 unit.

Hardware can be very cheap, but whenever I’ve tried to convince someone to switch over to a PC, the kind of PC they’ve wanted has always been above their budget, for the reasons I’ve stated above, whereas the 360 is amazingly cheap.

I have the same problem with the PS3, actually … I think the PS3 is a fantastic machine, but even though the money difference between it and the XBox is very little with the right deals, I still can’t convince anyone to look into it because the 360 is cheaper. And I find that very frustrating.

Personally, I think the PC is the best platform of the lot, it’s my favourite, and I would never be without a PC. But trying to get other people into PCs is amazingly difficult.

14. LeD

Oh dear. Between this and the Play sale the other day, I’m going be in so much trouble when the missus finds out.

15. Gamoc

Oh well, I already have the game. For about £9 more than that from Asda a few weeks ago (at which point I walked past Game who were selling it for £27).

16. Roybott

:( the site wont let me make an order. I tried earlier but got the following error after clicking checkout, and the error is still occuring:

“We seem to have a temporary website issue
    Please bear with us while our techies sort the problem out.

Please try Gamestation a little later”

17. Whizzo

I had the same problem buying Fable 2 when I logged into the site using my Gamestation login, don’t use it and just type your details in and it’ll probably work.

It was driving me nuts for ages and then I just thought I’d try it.