Army of Two’s “homosexual encounters” draw ire from Christian group

Tuesday, 2nd December 2008 19:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

armyoftwoa.jpg

The Timothy Plan, a Florida investment firm which bills itself as “conservative Christian,” is warning parents away from EA actioner Army of Two because it contains “homosexual encounters”.

In a list of 30 games deemed unsuitable for children the game is listed thus: “Army of Two: Homosexual Encounters: …Somewhat homo-erotic undertones between the two main characters are present.”

Art Ally, president, of the Timothy Plan, said: “Many, if not most, parents who buy their kids video games really don’t know the extent of sex and violence imbedded in them.

“From drug use, prostitution, murder and mayhem to vulgar profanity and blasphemy these games have become a powerfully negative influence on our kids.”

Be baffled further at GamePolitics.

1. Gekidami

Well the game is pretty ‘ghey’, not sure about GAY though, i guess people see what they want to see…

2. scuz

so all of the murder for cash doesn’t bother them?

3. Gamoc

What the hell?

Seriously, 2 things;
    1. Complete crap.
    2. Fucking homophobic asses.

4. Esha

The only problem with Army of Two was that it was the usual uninspired pap, but it lacked decent game-play mechanics (it was awkward and clumsy according to every review I read), so it scared off even the people who usually play that sort of thing.

To condemn a game for homosexual undertones, though…

If I were rich, I’d create a start-up game developer, and the main character of my first game would be a rather flirty, homosexual furry character. It may break down the walls of some narrow minds (always a good thing) but if not, at least we’d get spectacle like this to laugh at. And it needs to be laughed at.

5. Blerk

What sort of a name is ‘Art Ally’, anyway?

6. patlike

It’s a ruggedly heterosexual one.

7. Blerk

Of course. I was obviously in no way implying that he had the kind of name which suggested a preference for hairy bum sex.

8. patlike

I bet he wears a cravat.

9. Esha

One of those superbly frilly ones? I might have to cut him some leeway if that’s the case, the cravat exemplifies style.

Plus, they really defined Edgeworth! But then, Edgeworth was an intelligent young man, and homophobia and intelligence tend to be mutually exclusive. Plus Edgeworth is a fictional Japanese character whose actual name is Mitsurugi Reiji. Annnd I have no idea where I’m going with this, now…

10. SticKboy

I *knew* it! over-muscled homo-erotica CONFIRMED!

11. Esha

“over-muscled homo-erotica CONFIRMED!”

That’s probably the case.

I feel that more games should feature very large men with fictional muscles getting interactive–oh, wait… okay, men who aren’t so afraid of their own feelings that they frustratedly have to express them as gunbound violence, then.