EUK not delivering Resistance 2 to UK high street majors

Monday, 1st December 2008 20:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

resistance211.jpg

According to this GI story, something of a disaster may be on the cards for Resistance 2 in that EUK – the Woolworths-owned distributor that went into administration last week – has failed to deliver the game to UK high street stores.

Apparently Zavvi, WHSmith and Currys.digital are still awaiting their supply of the anticipated first-person shooter, originally released on Friday November 28.

A spokesperson from Deloitte, which currently serves as the administrator of EUK and Woolworths, said: “Since EUK went into administration, the administrators have either met or spoken with the majority of customers and suppliers and constructive talks are ongoing.”

Whoops. More through there.

1. onyxbox

I finished it over the weekend and I quite liked it… I hope it sells well despice this retail problem.

2. Withnail

EUK also supply Asda, Sainsbury, and Morrisons, meaning non of these supermarkets carried the game over the weekend. Ouch.

3. Cort

Ouch. Just OUCH.

4. Gamoc

It’s like Microsoft pay people to piss about with Sony’s big stuff or something.

5. Shatner

Shopto.com sent me my copy last Tuesday. Beat it by Saturday.

Online holds up extremely well and the weapon variety and balance is superb.

Amazingly shit conclusion to the single player campaign though. Unexpected in the worst possible way.

6. Blerk

None for supermarkets? GAME will be pleased.

7. SilentLoner

I got mine from america about 2 and half weeks ago. Ah the benefit of a under advertised feature of the PS3. Region Free games.

8. Gekidami

I liked the end Shatner, felt different from all the other games where something big is said to happen then in the end nothing does, though the rest of the campaign wasnt up to much, the story felt abit rushed and theres a lack of variety in the gameplay, IG should have broke it up abit.